Movies with scenarios like the disappearer in Breaking Bad

Tools    

Could you suggest movies which has plot lines like the one in BB with disappearer.

What I mean by that is...movies where characters are soo deep in trouble with their current life that they have to escape that identity and form new identities and live somewhere else far away.

I will give you 2 examples of movies where abused women escape from their husbands/boyfriends and live somewhere else until their past catches up.

sleeping with the enemy ( 1991) with Julia Roberts
Enough (2002) with Jennifer Lopez.

even Double Jeopardy (1999 ) has a storyline where the husband fakes his death to escape his debts and frames his wife for this murder and lives in New Orleans.

Any movies like these ?

There's this. I think it might be a documentary though.

The Family (2013) with De Niro, I guess, although that’s more witness protection. I’d agree that Double Jeopardy is one of the good examples.

Also A History of Violence (2005).

Arthur Newman (2012).

Salt (2010) with Jolie. It depends whether we count undercover work/witness protection as part of the same trope.

Run For Your Life (2014) (very much like the ones you referenced).

Stepfather (2009) - a bit of a gender-flipped one, and pretty awful at that, but does fit the bill, I guess.

Just off the top of my head

Out of the Past (1947)
The Passenger (1975)
A History of Violence (2005)

And depending on how you define it...
The Stranger (1946)
Lost Highway (1997)

While I only vaguely know the plot of Gone Girl (2014), I think that also probably qualifies.

I suspect there's a name for this on tvtropes.

Eraser with Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's not a documentary. I was making a dumb joke.

It's Eraser? And here I was thinking it was T2, which sort of fits since Sarah spent time in an isolated community. Either way, WHIT sure knows his Arnie films.

It's Eraser? And here I was thinking it was T2, which sort of fits since Sarah spent time in an isolated community. Either way, WHIT sure knows his Arnie films.
Yeah, he plays a U.S. Marshal who specializes in faking deaths and setting up the person with a new identity. There's one of those DTV reboots too. Eraser: Reborn.

EDIT: Oh, and the video game.

T2 doesn't count....Sarah Connor didnt assume new identity and more over the main theme of the movie doesn't revolve around new identities.

I initially thought T2, but then thought those were some really futuristic guns he was firing, which I don't think he did a lot of dramatic injuries in T2 with them, so maybe it was the much later Terminator in the franchise where he finally came back and I never saw... Was that Genesys?

Coincidentally, when trying to find a tvtropes page for this, I ran into the problem that there were a lot of tvtropes pages surrounding this (e.g. dark past, new identity, witness protection), and the ones that were closer in match had few listed examples and the ones that had a lot of examples were less.of a match, so it was hard to guess which ones would be actual matches. But Eraser did show up on a couple of those pages. Eraser, a movie that came out when I was a teenager, which I definitely saw page ads for, but I can't recall if I ever saw a trailer for, and reading those pages, realized if I ever knew the plot synopsis, sure wouldn't have been able to tell you it now.

Trying this association game again through IMDb plot taglines:

False identity keyword
https://m.imdb.com/search/keyword/?k...ef_=ttkw_kw_13

Assumed identity keyword
https://m.imdb.com/search/keyword/?k...f_=ttkw_kw_215

A recent one we didn't think of is Titane.