That ONE problem you have with a movie

Tools    

Any movie where you've just got one problem with it, post it here. Example: The Goonies. Did Stef really need to be there? What did she even do the whole damn movie?

Another, Star Wars: not enough lightsaber. If we had more lightsaber fights, it would be better than Empire.

Jurassic Park (1993)... After a traumatic night of almost being killed and seeing other people die horribly, Alan Grant is caring for 2 children and they are all still in fear for their lives as they try to find safety. So Grant decides, purely as a joke, to pretend to get electrocuted by a fence (which would leave the children alone and defenseless). Hard to believe anyone would do this in that situation: totally inappropriate, at the wrong time and wrong place.

Jurassic Park II: The Lost World (1997)... Somehow the T-Rex gets out of the hold of the ship, kills everyone aboard, then gets back into the hold and (somehow) closes the doors of the hold back on itself (when the controls are located in the ship's bridge that's only big enough to house humans).

Titanic
Sinking ship felt too brightly lit for its own good, there by reducing the danger of how hard it was for some people even to try to get on a boat. There are many scenes where life boats are few feet away from people on ship and when it's that brightly lit and that close...people in panic mode WILL try to jump on life boats. Movie fully ignores that. Either the ship has to be poorly lit or the distance between safety and drawing should be increased.

How in the hell does navi have technology to move the consciousness permanently from human body to its avatar as they did with Jake.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Jurassic Park (1993)... After a traumatic night of almost being killed and seeing other people die horribly, Alan Grant is caring for 2 children and they are all still in fear for their lives as they try to find safety. So Grant decides, purely as a joke, to pretend to get electrocuted by a fence (which would leave the children alone and defenseless). Hard to believe anyone would do this in that situation: totally inappropriate, at the wrong time and wrong place.

Jurassic Park II: The Lost World (1997)... Somehow the T-Rex gets out of the hold of the ship, kills everyone aboard, then gets back into the hold and (somehow) closes the doors of the hold back on itself (when the controls are located in the ship's bridge that's only big enough to house humans).
In the novel for JP2 i think it was stated that it wasnt the TRex that killed the crew but actually a couple of Raptors got onto the ship.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Victim of The Night
In the novel for JP2 i think it was stated that it wasnt the TRex that killed the crew but actually a couple of Raptors got onto the ship.
That was actually my understanding from watching the movie as well. Raptors killed the crew, the T. Rex was in the hold.

Any movie where you've just got one problem with it, post it here. Example: The Goonies. Did Stef really need to be there? What did she even do the whole damn movie?
Is she supposed to be an audience surrogate, maybe? I saw her as someone who's looking at the Goonies like, "who do these goofy treasure-hunting wannabes think they are?" Regardless, she's a bit underused.

My answer is Daryl Hannah's performance in Wall Street. Not much to say other than it stinks. The only thing she convinced me of is that she didn't really give a crap.

Welcome to the human race...
Another, Star Wars: not enough lightsaber. If we had more lightsaber fights, it would be better than Empire.
What makes you think it doesn't have enough?

How in the hell does navi have technology to move the consciousness permanently from human body to its avatar as they did with Jake.
They...don't? It's a magic tree.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
SPOILERS FROM MOVIES

Die Hard 1 and 2.

Thornberg is an annoyingly unnecessary character in both movies, and doesn't add anything to the plots in my opinion.

Dirty Dancing

Johnny doesn't even try to clear up the misunderstanding that Baby's father has on who got his friend pregnant

Arlington Road

The main character wants to find out who the villains are and what they are up to. He sees a semi-truck drive by and figures that must be them. Just because you see a semi truck drive by? How is that a suspicious hunch?

That was actually my understanding from watching the movie as well. Raptors killed the crew, the T. Rex was in the hold.
It's been so long since I've seen it, but I don't remember any raptors on the mainland.
Wouldn't their threat to the local citizenry been a major part of the plot (along with the T-Rex) if raptors had been on the boat and made it to shore?

Raiders: Indy's sub ride.

Interview with the Vampire: There's no such thing as Vampires.

Firestarter (2022): Is it just me or are Zach Efron and Jared Leto the same person?

Dreamscape: Tommy Ray boasts that he's seen Enter the Dragon six times like that makes him a super fan. In the 80's we watched that six times a year. Shame on you Tommy.

Eternals: My only problem with this film is that it exists.

Lord of the Rings: They never explain "Why not Eagles?" - they're just a random Deus Ex that appear after hours and hours of walking.

2001: HAL would have won!

It's been so long since I've seen it, but I don't remember any raptors on the mainland.
Wouldn't their threat to the local citizenry been a major part of the plot (along with the T-Rex) if raptors had been on the boat and made it to shore?
That plot point was removed from the actual movie. It was only in the book

Lord of the Rings: They never explain "Why not Eagles?" - they're just a random Deus Ex that appear after hours and hours of walking.
I tell myself that the all-seeing Eye of Sauron would have seen them fly into Mordor. I may be wrong, but it's an explanation that helps me sleep at night.

[quote=Corax;2302667]Raiders: Indy's sub ride.

There is a deleted scene showing that Indy uses his whip to lash himself to the subs telescope as that was the the only part of the sub that didnt submerge and he rides it like that all the way to the island.

Eternals: My only problem with this film is that it exists.

I agree with you there lol.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Halloween III - I didn't like that they killed off the medical examiner. Even if they were trying to keep people from figuring out that the Silver Shamrock agents were androids - who the hell would make that assumption? Oh - this guy immolated himself and there's only clockwork parts left. He must have been a robot.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Interview with the Vampire: There's no such thing as Vampires.
>>>>Wow....that takes out an entire genre in one dose of reality. The next thing you tell me is that Dracula was just a medieval warlord with an attitude that was even grisly for that era.

>>>>>The entire trilogy is Deus Ex, especially that part about humans, dwarves, hobbits, elves and wizards (the good one at least) finding common ground. As a metaphor for early 20th century Europe, it would definitely take a miraculous act to make that happen.

Any Batman film where he uses guns, firearms or explosives - whether it's machine guns on the Batmobile, guns on his Bat-cycle, missiles fired from his Bat-plane, bombs dropped from his Batmobile, or when he drives over police cars with his Bat-tank - crushing them while they are occupied (potentially injuring or killing the people inside) or in any other way recklessly endangers innocent people.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Any Batman film where he uses guns, firearms or explosives - whether it's machine guns on the Batmobile, guns on his Bat-cycle, missiles fired from his Bat-plane, bombs dropped from his Batmobile, or when he drives over police cars with his Bat-tank - crushing them while they are occupied (potentially injuring or killing the people inside) or in any other way recklessly endangers innocent people.