It Was 50 Years Ago Today....

Tools    

Didn't realize. Sgt Pepper is great but it's only fourth or fifth in Beatles Albums for me:

Revolver>Rubber Soul>White Album>Sgt Pepper or Abbey Road

May listen to it in the next few days, not listned to The Beatles in ages.

Long live Sgt. Pepper.
Last sunday my neighbor also mentioned this date to me.

Still remember the first time I saw the Beatles...it was a live concert from Shea Stadium that was filmed and broadcast by ABC in 1966...it was absolutely amazing.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Revolver>Rubber Soul>White Album>Sgt Pepper or Abbey Road
I have to completely agree with you about Revolver.

I think, currently, my list would be this:
Revolver
A Hard Day's Night (I think this one doesn't get as much respect as it deserves)
Rubber Soul
Let It Be
Sgt. Pepper

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Still remember the first time I saw the Beatles...it was a live concert from Shea Stadium that was filmed and broadcast by ABC in 1966...it was absolutely amazing.
I wish I'd been there.

Apparently The Beatles weren't that good live because of all of the insane screaming woman (and men probably) in your ear. haha. As well as the not very good audio systems then. It was a big part of why they stopped touring i believe.

It's hard to pick one Beatles album that I love the most, because I love them all. I find that I listen to Revolver more than most. Sgt. Pepper is a true classic with one of the songs, Lovely Rita, being my favorite all-time Beatles song. But, if I were forced to choose, then it would have to be Abbey Road, which I've listened to more than any other of their work.

I was lucky enough to see George Harrison in concert in 1974 (my first concert ever). Unfortunately, we didn't stay for the whole concert as all the smoke from various locations in the arena made me a bit ill (and burned my eyes). Plus, George's voice was very ragged. If you've ever heard his song, "Dark Horse," you can get an idea of how his voice was messed up that year. Still a great song. We might have stayed despite all of this but...he had Ravi Shankar with him and they alternated songs! I couldn't stand his music and neither could the family friend who took me to the concert. After about 45 minutes, we left. If I'd had more concert experience, I might have endured Ravi, the smoke, etc. but it wasn't to be.

I did get to see Paul McCartney in the 90's and he was awesome! He sang a lot of Beatles songs, plus Wings, plus solo hits.

Happy Anniversary Sgt. Pepper!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I have never understood the screaming for any celebrity. That would make me want to smack someone

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Apparently The Beatles weren't that good live because of all of the insane screaming woman (and men probably) in your ear. haha. As well as the not very good audio systems then. It was a big part of why they stopped touring i believe.
George Martin once remarked it was like putting a microphone next to a 747. The screaming girls drowned out everything.

The phenomenon was called Beatlemania.
Yeah I know. Same thing happened with Abba. Screaming, crying, fainting. I just dont get it. I almost cried at an Abba concert but it was because of the screaming in my ears.

My ex-SIL was there. She said it was fantastic, but she could not hear one word they sang because the girl in front of her screamed her head off for the entire show.

Abba should never be mentioned in a thread about The Beatles.
Get a grip. I was responding to the commentary about mania.

This might just do nobody any good.
Missed this.

A Day in the Life:

Such a mesmerizing song.

Also, what are you insinuating about ABBA, Stirchley?