2014 Movie Tournament

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I took The Return to be the 2003 Russian film, and yes, The Adventures of Prince Achmed.

The Beguiled vs. Ratatouille
Taxi Driver vs. Touch of Evil
Jesus Camp vs. The Wolf of Wall Street (like both though)
Sweet Sixteen vs. Michael Clayton
Love Streams vs. The Return
Bigger than Life vs. The Science of Sleep
True Romance vs. Wait Until Dark
The Prince of Achmed vs. The Master

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have a question for anyone who has already seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Do I have to see the first two movies in the trilogy to understand and/or appreciate the movie Lord of the Rings: Return of the King or can I just watch the third movie by itself?

Note: I've never read any of the books, so I have no background at all for this movie.
You have to watch all three. Return of the King is my favourite of the three, but you will have to see the first two.

I wish somebody had warned me about the giant spider in the third Lord of the Rings movie. I was really enjoying the movie until the spider showed up.

I wish somebody had warned me about the giant spider in the third Lord of the Rings movie. I was really enjoying the movie until the spider showed up.
I wasn't aware you were scared of spiders at the time or i would've said. I'm actually scared of spiders too, but obviously not as bad as you because i don't mind seeing them just as long as they aren't anywhere near me .

I wasn't aware you were scared of spiders at the time or i would've said. I'm actually scared of spiders too, but obviously not as bad as you because i don't mind seeing them just as long as they aren't anywhere near me .

A friend of mine told me that I'm never allowed to see the second Harry Potter movie because of my fear of spiders. I have all the Harry Potter movies on DVD, but so far, I've only watched the first one. I haven't been able to find the courage to watch the second one yet, and I don't want to skip over it and go on to the third movie, so I'm kind of at a stalemate with that series.

Group 6:

Persepolis vs. Where the Wild Things Are
Bad Education vs. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (even with the giant spider.)
Donnie Darko vs. Wild Strawberries (This was a tough one. I really liked both movies.)

Group 6

Five Easy Pieces vs. sense and Sensibility
After Hours vs. Pans Labyrinth
The Last Picture Show vs. Spring Breakers
Persepolis vs. Where the Wild Things Are
The Descendants vs. Time of the Gypsies
Rashomon vs. Strange Days
Bad Education vs. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Donnie Darko vs. Wild Strawberries

Group 7

The Departed vs. Cries and Whispers
Both great

When Harry Met Sally vs. Richard Pryor in Concert

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington vs. How to Steal a Million
So close

Braveheart vs. Before Sunrise

Fight Club vs. Black Swan
Toss up

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Group 6 Winners (there are two ties)

The Last Picture Show
Persepolis
The Descendants
Strange Days
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Wild Strawberries

Need tiebreaker vote:
After Hours vs. Pans Labyrinth
Five Easy Pieces vs. Sense and Sensibility

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Can someone remind me how you find your posts in this thread? I can't remember if I voted for group 7 or not.
Go to subforum contents page. Click on number of posts. When your name come up, click on posts number. It will bring up all your posts in the thread.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Here's Group 7, open until October 1st! Enjoy!

The Departed vs. Cries and Whispers
When Harry Met Sally vs. Richard Pryor in Concert
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington vs. How to Steal a Million
Braveheart vs. Before Sunrise
Fight Club vs. Black Swan
Still Walking (2008) vs. The Third Man
Wendy and Lucy vs. Klute
La Reine Margot vs. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
You have voted in some. Now u just need to watch How to Steal a Million