Live Chat

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
If your board has no problem with my cookies, then why does mofo chat? i'm logged in here but not there even tho i acces it from here ...

Originally Posted by thmilin
i appear as "unregistered." i closed all windows and tried again ... still unregistered ...
Once you are in the chat type "/nick (desired name)"
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

This forum may have a bit too many members so don't be suprised if that chat room has 20-30 people typing at the same time and writing messages at the same time.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
This forum may have a bit too many members so don't be suprised if that chat room has 20-30 people typing at the same time and writing messages at the same time.
Actually, there's already people in there at times. I'm in school during the day so I miss the better time to check the room.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

When is the most active times

It seemed to be used some time ago that the chat facility was used but is there any plan to bring the chat function back or is there any kind of IRC room or Skype for MF?

We've never used it apart from the live Oscar chats. We talked about doing a live group commentary once but I had to cancel it, and since then people have filled that gap with their commentary threads.

I'd incline against just having one open all the time, for a reason reasons. First, because while the site is busier than it's ever been, it would probably have to be really busy for a good number of people to be there consistently. Second, because it would virtually impossible to monitor and moderate regularly. And third, because The Shoutbox serves a pretty similar function for the most part. I'd probably enhance The Shoutbox to refresh on the fly rather than open a chat room (and actually tried to a number of years ago, when I had less experience with such things).

That makes sense absolutely, I have known of another site that used a Chat facility and it was barely used so was basically a waste of money. Does anyone on here use Skype for MF?