Shaun of the Dead

→ in
Tools    

I originally watched this film with my best friend down at an all nite dinner downtown. I had just gotten this sweet portable dvd player and she has netflix so when we get a chance we watch movies. She had already seen it and wanted me to enjoy it as well. I have to say this was possibly the funniest movies I have seen in quite a while. I liked Ed. I think he was a jerk, but that's what made his character so freaking funny. Like when he get's the call on his cell right outside the pub when they're surrounded. And Shaun was right on too. Just his way of dealing with everything and kinda just making it through life without much effort is pretty much what made this a funny movie. A loser, his equally loser friend, and his hot girlfriend. How did that dork get a hot girlfriend anyway?

the only hayward man will ever need
everyone - if you liked Shaun of the Dead (how can you not like it?) then keep a look out for Hot Fuzz

it has the same people in it and it is basically been said to do for cop films what shaun of the dead did for zombie films.

Shaun of the Dead - easily the best british comedy around and the best of last year
Dead Mans Shoes - Best british movie of last year (and possibly the last ten years)
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I felt like destroying something beautiful." - Tyler Durden

The Adventure Starts Here!
Loved the record-throwing scene, where Shaun was begging him not to throw certain favorites. Omigosh, that was hilarious.

I don't consider this a straight parody because you needn't have watched all the Romero movies to get most of the references. Most of the references are to horror flicks generically, although the feel of the original Night of the Living Dead is somehow there (the suffocating despair of the situation and the ensemble cast being eliminated one by one). Just add a little sick humor and you've got Shaun of the Dead.

A pleasant surprise.

Absolute class this film was.
From start to finish I was laughing and even when the film had finished I kept chuckling to myself.

I mean when Bill Nighy returns from the dead to switch the radio off in the car was cracking.

And ED is without a doubt one of the funniest sidekicks ever!!!

the only hayward man will ever need
aye, you're not wrong there mate. i've seen this film countless times and i'm still lovin' it!

"i'll do it on the night"

Kinda slow in the beginning, but fun when the show gets on the road.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
For everyone in the US of A, if you liked Shaun U should check out Spaced. There were 2 series made by the same people as Shaun, it is pure comic genius laced with a plethora of movie injokes and references. U might have to buy it from Amazon U.K, and will need a multi-region player, but its worth it!!!! Could someone also settle a long term query? Did Trainspotting have sub-titles in America?

Must catch up with this one. It's extremely funny and creative, Nibbles. I bet you'd like it a lot.

Where's my Vodka Martini
I caught the end of this film when they're in the pub on Saturday night. What was the rest of it like?

"There's only one airbag in this car......and it's on my side"

Ah, I love this film. The humor and characters just hit the spot for me. Who can't relate to Shaun at times, and who hasn't had an idiot friend like Ed? The comedy in the film is what makes it, with plenty of genuine belly laughs and clever dialogue galore. I've seen it twice already, and I can tell that its going to be one I'll watch over and over again. I'd definitely rank this in my top 5 of 2004.
4/4

Welcome to the human race...
You can tell this thread is old because it involves Golgot posting about something other than videogames.

I did like most of this movie. I wasn't thrilled about the tone shift at the end. (I've never met anyone who agreed with me on that!) It is my favorite by this team though.