FilmStruck - Upcoming Streaming Service

Tools    

The most loathsome of all goblins
So apparently Criterion is breaking away from Hulu and joining forces with Turner Classic Movies to create FilmStruck, a service targeting film buffs, specifically those interested in classics and international films.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/27/mo...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Thoughts, opinions? Personally I think it sounds great, I've been holding my breath for a TCM streaming service for years.

If they want to focus on classics and international films, I foresee either of two things will happen: they will either go bankrupt after a few years at most or they will pivot and eventually service a much broader audience.

This exact thing happened to Good Old Games in the gaming industry. They started off selling only old games but as they gained popularity they realized they can make more money by selling new games and stuff as well. They don't even call themselves Good Old Games anymore. Now it's GOG. (not that it's a bad thing at all, it's actually a great platform)

The most loathsome of all goblins
I love Criterion and TCM.... I just hope TCM doesn't turn into AMC, another acronym that has no meaning.
TCM has remained pretty faithful to how they were when they started, although they do play more 70's/80's movies than they used to. I think that as long as the service is multi-platform it will be successful, both companies have loyal cult followings and on top of them I hear Warner Bros Archives and a few other services are lending their weight to the project.