Dark Souls 2

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Invasion city for me lately - I must be getting into that "PVP soft cap" area these games tend to have. As a PVP fan in the Souls series, I am enjoying it, but I could see how it would annoy single players that just want to progress along in the game. A couple builds I run into are owning me, but I do pretty well otherwise. Most of my magic seems too slow for PVP, except maybe Project Force, which I surprise people with occasionally. Still no sign of my favorite miracle, Wrath of the Gods. Hopefully, I pick that up soon!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Yeah I've never tried online duelling before, and it's intriguing. Especially seeing all the different visual & technical styles. (Although the NPC 'summon' at the Belfry also totally Turing-tested me - I thought he was human with his movement and beckoning gestures . Luckily an actual human summon then killed him, possibly thinking he was me )

It's a bit harsh when you're dealing with Blade-Runner-automaton-dwarves at the same time, but the summonees seemed to come with capped health too. I did do go down far too easy a lot of the time tho, with one eye on the gargoyles. Would be nice to have a straight up fight in some respects, but that wouldn't be very DS now would it

The People's Republic of Clogher

This is where the Souls games start to get a wee bit preposterous for me.

Still, my little hiatus did me the world of good. I left Poison City because I remembered I had unfinished business in the Lost Bastille.

Triple Ganglyathon (or whatever they're called) - Gone!

Met the Mage shopkeeper then died a lot trying to reach loot on ledges. It wasn't even great loot.

Heh yeah the greatswords seem a bit daft to me too. I guess if the idea is we're becoming a boss-monster in our own right it kinda works, but I'm hoping to find something a bit more svelt. Like a giant lightening lance or whatever

Have you checked out Straid's wares? He's got some things which are a bit more subtle looking.

They'll take some levelling though. My Drangleic +1 and Fire Longsword +7 are better than most of what he has in vanilla form.

Don't think I've found him yet. (Ah, he's the statue before the Sinner run! Hmm, I don't think I have the herb to free him. I'm chomping at the bit to get some Boss weapons on tho, so will keep an eye out )

Hard for me to get time in during the week lately...Hopefully I can play a bit this evening. I run into people running that Ultra-Greatsword, but the thing is just too heavy for me to run. If I miss, it's lights out! I would have to change my gear around quite a bit to stay fast-rolling with that thing! I do have one run up to about +7 though...JIC!

I went a bit slap-happy in Straid's store (Massive Nasty Weapons R Us) and bought four! Of them all, Dragonrider's twinblade looks coolest but, again, its stats are going to need work. I then found one of those huge clubs which looks like Fred Flintstone's wet dream - makes the Ultra Greatsword seem like a rapier.

I made sure to buy up all the special pyro and miracle spells from Straid with the boss souls they required, and then I just went ahead and bought all the boss weapons I could from both Straid and Ornifex. You know, just so I have them. I stayed away from the caster staves etc. for now, just grabbing stuff that works with my current build, or that I may want to mess around with later on. That said, none of them are particularly impressive, and my Claymore and Masto still outclass them all easily.

Nah not yet. Got mobbed by the pole dancers en masse and decided to leave it a bit.

Finally trumped Sinner tho (she was no lady!)...

...and the skelis. The latter gave me grief too, so think it's def time to go get reborn back with the mother Hubbards. Pyro n firesword standalone are fun, but think I need to pick a magic complement that scales n stick with it

Been shopping it up with wizard too incidentally

Ach, scaling.

I'm trying to play stupid for as long as possible - Brute force and ignorance is getting me through a lot. Gaming it will be for the next run.

I grumbled a bit when I found out you could respec, but I like the fact that a new player can progress through the first 6 areas or so, and then decide "Hey, I want to try Sorcery with my STR melee" or whatever, and they don't have to start a new toon. I can flop over to Sorcery instead of miracles on NG+ if I wanted to. Not that I would, because PRAISE THE SUN!!!

Undead Purgatory is a lil side area of Huntsman Copse. I thought the boss was a bit harder than the Skele Lords... Also, the NPC invader just outside the door of Purgatory was not a pushover!

Yep, there are some little side areas in Huntsman's Copse that I hadn't noticed until I went hunting for loot that I'd spied in the distance. My poison resist is awful so I'd initially rushed through the area as fast as I could.

Yep that was doing the trick for me too. They go down easy.

When I think of Copse I see three of those staff-bastards running at me in a scrum tho. I swear I snuck up on them too!

Haven't given em a proper go yet, but my next step is gonna be that cheaty retune to a STR/FTH build, then see what the Heide sword can do for me (it has the stabby-roll thrust option too). And maybe some sneaky kite & force-push

Go around that corner before those guys and just inch forward ever so much until the closest guy on the right jumps down. Then back out of the narrow passage to kite him out to where you have room to fight. Rinse and repeat. The whip guys are WAY easier to deal with than the pole-axe guys, for me anyway. If i tried to use magic to pull them, it would aggro more of them and I would die.