Mom

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have to confess I liked the new guy too, but I don't want to see William Fichtner go either...maybe a story where Bonnie continues to see the new guy on the side might motivate Adam to get sober because as much as Bonnie cares about Adam, at some point, he is going to seriously jeopardize her sobriety, in a much worse manner than the marijuana cookies, which were an accident. I don't want to see Bonnie force Adam to get sober because if she tries to get him sober, he will get her drunk first and I'm pretty sure that Bonnie is in a point in her sobriety that she will not risk it for Adam and that might motivate Adam to try and get sober.

Bonnie can't force Adam to get sober. He has to decide to get sober on his own. Hopefully he'll realize how much he loves her, and he'll want to get sober so they can get back together.

Having said that, I'd like to see them give Bonnie a chance with this new guy. I think she could be very happy with him, and he seems better for her than Adam.

We don't watch them together but we share show ideas back and forth since we seem to enjoy the same things, she turned me on to early 2 1/2 men.. (Starting to think she's just a Chuck Lorre fan with the exception of not getting all the pop cultural references in TBBT)

I loved "Two and a Half Men" until Charlie Sheen left. After he left, the show just went straight downhill. I think the only other Chuck Lorre show I watched was "My Two Dads". I don't like most of his other shows.

A new sitcom named Mom?

Dad sounds boring.

There was a TV show a few years ago called "Dads". It starred Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi as the sons, and Peter Riegert and Martin Mull as their Dads. It was very funny, but it only lasted one season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2647548/reference

LOVING the addition of Wendie Malick as Adam's ex-wife...every moment she has onscreen with Allison Janney is golden.

I like Wendie Malick, but she basically plays the same type of character in everything I've seen her in.

I like Wendie Malick, but she basically plays the same type of character in everything I've seen her in.
But the way she and Alison Janney play off of each other is gold.

Ep 17 had me on the floor, thanks primarily to Jaime Pressly, the woman is brilliant and is actually giving Allison Janney a run for her money in the art of scene stealing.

Depends on what you mean: it can be streamed from CBS' site, and it can be bought online (and subsequently streamed, potentially, depending on your technical setup, I guess?) on Amazon and iTunes.

For stuff like this, I find Just Watch very helpful, BTW.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Depends on what you mean: it can be streamed from CBS' site, and it can be bought online (and subsequently streamed, potentially, depending on your technical setup, I guess?) on Amazon and iTunes.

For stuff like this, I find Just Watch very helpful, BTW.
yeah, i want to stream it through my TV, not my laptop. the HDMI outlet on my laptop is forked so i can no longer plug it in and watch stuff like i used to - i have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO GO which i watch through my ps4.

I dunno if you have a Roku or a Chromecast or something, but the latter helps me stream things without having to do some annoying HDMI/laptop thing.

You mentioned a PS4; that site says it's available on their media store (whatever it's called; never used it), FWIW.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
yeah, i'd have to pay for it that way

i used to have Roku but i found it way more annoying and glitchy. i actually prefer hooking my laptop up via hdmi lol. to each their own!

anyhoo, i want to see this. i love Allison Janney

Well, I just finished watching my first Christy-free episode of Mom. I was seriously concerned when I heard that Anna Feris was leaving the show, but the writers wrote the character off in a realistic fashion and proved what a rock solid cast they have without her, led, of course, by the brilliant Allison Janney as Bonnie and the severely underrated William Fichtner as Adam, who I'm hoping will get more screentime this season with Feris gone. The show has begun a smooth transition into season 8 and have dealt with the loss of their star without missing a step.

Just finishing the third Christy-free episode of Mom. I love any episode that addresses Bonnie's self-centered nature and behavior that forces her to make amends, especially to Adam (William Fichtner). I love the fact that even though Adam is wheelchair-bound, he still wears the pants in that marriage. I'm also liking the relationship that's developing between Adam and Tammy (Kristen Johnson). There was a time when it was implied that Tammy had a mad crush on Adam and I thought they were going to have her try to steal Adam from Bonnie, but I'm relieved they didn't go there.