Independence Day Resurgence

Tools    

trailer looks good, and it's enough that jeff and bill are there at least, will smith is the main character, but jeff and bill had their fair share of central figure in the first movie aswell, so for this is enough, a great cast.

Yes but now Will is all about the money and he phones in his performances and the movies tank because fans have grown tired and really being the time changed it be more about the characters Son then Will the Pilot.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Can anyone even remember the last Will Smith movie since I am Legend? I can't. Seems like he asked for 50 million + 15% of profit which is ridiculous these days, and to ask for his son to be given a part, what a douche.

Looks good actually, the first was never that great to begin with but enjoyable solid movie to be fair. Hopefully this will be too.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Looks sh***. Everything i loved about the first movie seems gone. Still its only a trailer so i'll probably still check it out.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Can anyone even remember the last Will Smith movie since I am Legend? I can't. Seems like he asked for 50 million + 15% of profit which is ridiculous these days, and to ask for his son to be given a part, what a douche.

Looks good actually, the first was never that great to begin with but enjoyable solid movie to be fair. Hopefully this will be too.
The Nerves of this guy these days. The guy is no longer a box office draw so he should be happy he is getting any jobs anymore. I still can't believe DC actually got him for Suicide Squad.

The Nerves of this guy these days. The guy is no longer a box office draw so he should be happy he is getting any jobs anymore. I still can't believe DC actually got him for Suicide Squad.
yep he used to be the benchmark, in action movies, but not anymore, i like him in bad boys in snitch and i am legend mostly, enemy of the state aswell, a great movie by the late tony scott.

Independence Day really made him the superstar he became, he could have repaid the favour for the sequel and still made boatloads of $$. Could easily have got 20-30$ million for it and rightly so but instead he's asked for ludicrous amounts.

In the Beginning...
I think Will Smith is going to regret not doing this sequel. It only has to be as good as Jurassic World in order to satiate the public's current hunger for 1980s/1990s nostalgia. If it does that, it will also make monster loads of cash—and probably launch a career or two. After making six largely forgettable movies since 2007, Will Smith could really use the jumpstart.

The studios won't forget what a dick he's been either, I predict not much of a career for him or his kids from now on.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Come on jrs. His career has been downhill since the Fresh Prince days ... before the t.v. show.

Come on jrs. His career has been downhill since the Fresh Prince days ... before the t.v. show.
Actually he has/had success through not only movies but he is still performing, and doing good

Not just is his performing career (which never stopped) but noteworthy films like...

Bad Boys
ID4
Men In Black
Enemy of the State
The Pursuit of Happiness
Seven Pounds
Focus
Concussion (already a GG nom and most likely an oscar contender)
Suicide Squad

His film career has had ups and downs within 20 years. But what actor's hasn't?

The problem isn't that Will Smith is being replaced, it's that Not Thor Hemsworth is replacing him. He's an untalented and uncharismatic brother of a star who has never led a successful film was probably the worst possible choice to be an action hero blowing up aliens. If you replaced Will with Michael B Jordan or Channing Tatum or something I think most people would get over it quickly.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
The problem isn't that Will Smith is being replaced, it's that Not Thor Hemsworth is replacing him. He's an untalented and uncharismatic brother of a star who has never led a successful film was probably the worst possible choice to be an action hero blowing up aliens. If you replaced Will with Michael B Jordan or Channing Tatum or something I think most people would get over it quickly.
Channing Tatum, errmmm no thanks.

The problem isn't that Will Smith is being replaced, it's that Not Thor Hemsworth is replacing him.
Nobody is replacing anyone technically. Will Smith's character in the first ID4
WARNING: "ID4 2" spoilers below
died

In the Beginning...
I doubt it, his career is great even without doing this sequel.
Not recently, it hasn't been. Like I said, his post-I Am Legend films have been largely unsuccessful and forgettable compared to the huge popularity of films like Bad Boys, Men in Black, and Independence Day.

And with the exception of Men in Black 3 (an awful movie, by the way), his recent roles have been dramas. He would perhaps do well to return to more comedic roles. Maybe he can reclaim that with a pair of Bad Boys sequels that he's slated to star in, but I fear that series' ship has sailed.