HK's 100 Favourites... Kinda

→ in
Tools    

4. The Straight Story
Just finished watching this one for the first time.
Hits you right in the feels, I deserve a prize for not crying.
Beautiful touching movie, loved it!

Welcome to the human race...
Weird to be reminded that there are apparently 100 movies that Honeykid actually likes.

Weird to be reminded that there are apparently 100 movies that Honeykid actually likes.
Yeah, but it was made in the C20th. Y'know, when the real films were made.

The real surprise should be that there are a few C21st films on the list.

I like your list HK, , You got some of my favorites on there

5. Taxi Driver (1975)
6. Goodfellas (1990)
13. The Warriors (1979)
19. Die Hard (1988)
21. The Godfather (1971)
30. Scream (1996)
34. Scarface (1983)
36. 50 First Dates (2004)
50. Clueless (1995)
54. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
93. Halloween (1978)

98. Dangerous Liaisons

I really liked Cruel Intentions, but I think it was because I'd already seen and loved Dangerous Liaisons, that I liked it so much. This is, if you will, the 'proper' version of the story. I think I first saw this because my mum wanted to watch it, so I sat and watched it with her. TBH, I was mainly there for Uma Thurman (I'd already seen Baron Munchausen, which I didn't like, but remembered her. Obviously ) but it sounded like a good film, had been well reviewed and won Oscars, so I was more than happy to watch it. I've probably only seen it 7 or 8 times since, but each time I end up thinking, "I really should watch this film more often." I've not seen it for a good few years now, so I should take my own advice. I urge you to do the same.

LOVED Dangerous Liaisons...saw it for the first time a few moniths ago...Close and Malkovich were magnificent

Thanks for taking a look @MovieFan1988 and @Gideon58. It's nice to see the old list revived again. I do have a film which I could add to it now, so if the mood sits with me I might see if I can write something quick up.

Glad to see you enjoyed Dangerous Liaisons so much, Gideon.