honeykid's DVD Collection

Tools    

Indeed they are. Bagpus is the king of childrens tv, as far as I'm concerned. I loved Professor Yaffle even as a kid. I'm not as sure about Mr. Benn, but I can certainly recommend revisiting Bagpuss as I have the VHS version of that dvd.

+ rep for Stella Street series 1&2. I have both on vhs and watch them often. Love it when Mrs. Huggit hoovers up Jack Nicholson's cocaine, and Keith Richards gets her drunk at Michael Caine's party. Gotta love Joe Pesci and Al Pacino too. Woo Harggh!!!

I've not had them on VHS or DVD before, but I've watched the programme since I found it, which was (I think) a few episodes into the first series. I think I like Mick & Keith the most. Cornwell's impression of Mick is so funny. Not a good impression but, somehow, it sounds more like him than he does. It's very odd. Jack Nicholson and Joe Pesci are the other two that crack me up.

Have you seen the film? Not a patch on the series, of course, but still worth a look. Plus Ronni Ancona stars in it which, for me, was a big plus.

Tons of great films in your collection. Mario Bava's Danger Diabolik is phenomenal. I watched a documentary on him and it showed how he did many of his "in camera" tricks, very cool. have you seen anything else of Bava's if not I recommend checking out The Girl Who Knew Too Much aka The Evil Eye. Scorsese used a lot of Bava in his earlier work such as the Devil being represented as a little girl in Kill Baby Kill to Last Temptations of Christ or the strings attached to the bear in Cape Fear that has great simularity to a scene in The Girl Who Knew Too Much plus the whole use of color in Cape Fear. Anyways a director worth looking into.

I don't see too many people with this film in there collection The Dish. Rob Sitch who directed this also did another lovely little film called The Castle teriffic balance of humor and drama.

The Hitcher (1986) Glad you put the year after the title. I wish they had just left this classic alone and not made those bad sequal/remake, awful. Hopefully though the original might be able get some more viewings cause of them.

Piranha 2:Flying Killers I haven't seen it. I gotta ask is there anything good or interesting about this other than it being Cameron's debut ?

Soldier Of Orange classic Verhoven brillant stuff. Recommend The Fourth Man and Flesh+Blood his first american film.

They Live, anyone who's got this in their Collection is a major Carpenter fan I'm a huge fan as well. Where would you place this in his canon of films. Top 10 ? perhaps Top 5 ? do you like any of his new stuff Ghost of Mars, Vampires, John Carpenter's Escape from L.A., Village of the Damned,In the Mouth of Madness, Memoirs of an Invisible Man ? (Basically anything he made in the 90's and up I consider his new stuff).

anyways nice collection.....

Thanks LBJ.

I saw two Bava films a long time ago (One was Black Sunday) but it was a good while ago. Anyway, as it appears that I've forgotten to add it, I also have this:

I haven't gotten around to seeing any of them yet, but I'm looking forward to them.

Not seen The Castle, but The Dish is a lovely little film, IMO.

It depends what you want from Piranha 2: Flying Killers. I don't care for Cameron, so I bought it because it was the sequel to Piranha (which I love but only have on VHS). It's not good, obviously, but if you want to see (and enjoy) flying piranhas going for people's necks and killing them, you're in luck. Personally, I like crappy horrors like this.

Yes, The Fourth Man and Flesh+Blood are superb. I have Flesh+Blood on VHS, but not The Fourth Man.

Not a fan of Carpenter's newer films. I like Vampires. It's cool and it has James Woods. What's not to like? Don't like the others, but I'll watch Village Of The Dammed just for Kirstie Ally.

Off the top of my head, They Live might make my top 5 Carpenter films. Probably somewhere between 5 and 7.

I haven't gotten around to seeing any of them yet, but I'm looking forward to them.
All are great films, accept I have yet to see Knives of the Avenger. The Black and White Cinematography in Black Sunday and The Girl who know too Much is thick with atmosphere. Bava did all of his own lighting and camerawork most of the special effect and editing. His latter work was much more grittier and harsh. Twich of the Death Nerve and Baron Blood might really be up your alley. Also if your look for something offbeat he made Rabid Dogs which takes you along on a road journey with thieves trying to escape the city after a botched robbery. The strange thing is that Bava camera rarley leaves the car they've hijacked in the getaway which also has there hostages.

I've got this one

It depends what you want from Piranha 2: Flying Killers. I don't care for Cameron, so I bought it because it was the sequel to Piranha (which I love but only have on VHS). It's not good, obviously, but if you want to see (and enjoy) flying piranhas going for people's necks and killing them, you're in luck. Personally, I like crappy horrors like this.
That's cool. I just love it in interview's Cameron never mentions this film and always refers to Terminator as being his debut. Joe Dante's Original Piranha does indeed rock. If you get a chance pick up the DVD Joe Dante give a really good commentary if your into that sort of thing.

I have Kidnapped aka Rabid Dogs, I forgot to mention that (even though it's on the list )

Yes, Cameron's 'relationship' with Piranha 2 makes me laugh. Personally, if I'd made Aliens and True Lies, I'd be more than happy to have Piranha 2 on my CV. The man's such a cnut.

Female Jungle Poster
I must admit that I usually find Woody Allen to truly test my patience. He inexplicably irks me. But I'm not ashamed to admit that Roddy Piper was pretty cute in They Live.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I love it too, LBJ.

That, The Girl On The Bridge and all but one of the Garbo films (Mata Hari) are replacements for VHS. Same goes for Husbands & Wives and all the costume dramas, except The Age of Innocence and Elizabeth.