Ridley Scott to direct 'Monopoly'

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
What?

My life isn't written very well.
WTF?

I can barely stay awake through the board game...you know McDonalds is probably happy about this!

I doubt this will ever become a real movie....

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

He's been trying to do this for over 10 years now. That doesn't mean that it won't happen and I must say that I've heard more about it in the last 6 months than I ever have before. Who knows? Maybe, with the credit crunch and everything, he won't find a studio willing to take the risk. Actually I shouldn't mention risk, as it's only a matter of time before someone tries to make a film out of that board game.

Registered Creature
This... is one of the most random ideas for a movie. Ever.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Real estate problems are all over the news, and you can add in Ðèstîñy's comment above. They have to make sure they don't make the film too arch or too Snidely Whiplash, but why couldn't it be something along the lines of Glengarry Glen Ross II? It sounds like something which could be possible, but then again, my first impression is that the film may be a period piece. I don't know yet. (At least until Ridley pays me , and I'm not counting on it any time soon.) I would vote to make it a film set in 2009/2010. I'd cast people such as Edward Norton, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joan Allen, Brad Pitt, Samuel L. Jackson, George Clooney, Helen Mirren, Harvey Keitel, Tilda Swinton, etc. I realize that I'm getting a bit lazy at the end there, but you need some salespeople and some administrators. I really would love to see Hoffman take over for Alec Baldwin because I think he could deliver a helluva speech. Then again, Hoffman would be great riffing on Lemmon or Spacey. Remember, I am just mentioning the Mamet flick as an inspiration, combined with current economic crises. The whole thing could be completely different!

My perfect cast for this ...

Dog - Tim Allen (for his amazing performance in The Shaggy Dog)
Car - Vin Diesel
Steam Iron - Daniel Day Lewis
Wheelbarrow - I assume this is the only CGI animated character of the four - and will be voiced by Tom Hanks

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm holding out for the Chutes and Ladders movie, myself. Somebody get Speilberg on the phone!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

So which version of Monopoly is he going to direct? As each country has their own version, hell, you can even get regional versions. Maybe he'll direct sequels in different countries to utilise those locations.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't recall the last time that Checkers could make someone bankrupt or turn them into a millionaire, but maybe there are some hot and heavy Checkers tournaments I don't know about. You are aware of a financial crisis, at least partially involving real estate, which is affecting most people who have any kind of investments right now? I would certainly expect Monopoly to somehow address that, even if it's not the primary plot.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The bloody Capitalists get their moment in the sun at last, eh?

Repeat after me: Ridley Scott hasn't made a genuinely good film since Blade Runner and that was over a quarter century ago. His stuff looks great but so does Naomi Campbell, and I wouldn't want her in my house.

He's still a better director than his brother, though...

I don't recall the last time that Checkers could make someone bankrupt or turn them into a millionaire, but maybe there are some hot and heavy Checkers tournaments I don't know about. You are aware of a financial crisis, at least partially involving real estate, which is affecting most people who have any kind of investments right now? I would certainly expect Monopoly to somehow address that, even if it's not the primary plot.
Meh, you're right.
But, I just don't see Monopoly making it to the big screen and from what I've heard, it's going to make it.

My life isn't written very well.
Hey, a long time ago when I first heard that Michael Keaton would play Batman, I thought it was a bad idea...