Gentleman Jim (1942, Raoul Walsh) nominated by: Blix

Mr. Lucky (1943, H.C. Potter) nominated by: GBG

Beauty and the Beast (1946, Jean Cocteau) nominated by: Cosmic

The Ghost and Mrs Muir (1947, Joseph L. Mankiewicz) nominated by: Jeff Costello

Day of Wrath (1943, Carl Theodor Dreyer) nominated by: Thursday

Body and Soul (1947, Robert Rossen) nominated by: Cricket

Ride the Pink Horse (1947, Robert Montgomery) nominated by: Raul

The Sea Wolf (1941, Michael Curtiz) nominated by: Edarsenal

For those who aren't familiar with the 1946 Beauty and the Beast, it is not a musical, and unlike other more recent adaptations, it is aimed at adults rather than families or younger audiences. The cinematography in the film was done by Henri Alekan, who was also the cinematographer for Wings of Desire (and there's the German connection for anyone wondering why I nominated a French film haha). The practical and trick effects are really impressive for the time and circumstances in which the film was made, and the costumes are really on point as well. I'm fully aware that fantasy is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is slightly more ground in reality than the other films that share the same name and source material.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Really surprised Raul's was Pink Horse, not seen him mention that. Very curious now. Thought for sure his would have been Double Indemnity.
It's a really good film. I'd say a dark horse contender here, though there are 2 that will be tough to beat.

The most loathsome of all goblins
For those who aren't familiar with the 1946 Beauty and the Beast, it is not a musical
Well, there is always the Opera version by Philip Glass, available as an alternate track on the Criterion blu-ray.

It has received criticism but I quite like it.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Movies I have seen:
I Remember Mama
His Girl Friday
Double Indemnity
Gentleman Jim
Unfaithfully Yours
Beauty and the Beast
The Ghost and Mrs Muir

Movies that I have not seen (but have heard of/know of them):
Odd Man Out
Day of Wrath
Body and Soul
Ride the Pink Horse
The Sea Wolf

I just re-watched Double Indemnity a couple of months ago when it was on TV. I hadn't seen it for years. I honestly wasn't really paying too much attention to it, though, because I was doing something else at the same time. So even though I have seen it again fairly recently, I will still watch it one more time for this HoF.

(and there's the German connection for anyone wondering why I nominated a French film haha).
Yah, was about to call for your disqualification if there wasn't something German going on.

That's great about the Cinematographer, Wings of Desire looked amazing. Heard great things about that Beauty and the Beast. Cricket loves it and was considering nominating it i believe.

I Remember Mama: I've heard this title since I was a little kid but I've never known anything about it. I used to confuse it with I Dismember Mama.

Beauty and the Beast: Haven't seen it in forever. I normally don't like these kinds of movies at this point in my life, but I'll hope for the best.

His Girl Friday: I watched it a couple years ago. I only remember liking it and will watch it again.

Double Indemnity: I watched it for the first time in 20 years about 8 months ago. I liked it, but not as much as I'd hoped. I'll watch it again.

Odd Man Out: I watched this also about 8 months ago. I was more impressed than entertained, but I'll also watch this again.

Gentleman Jim: Not familiar with it.

Unfaithfully Yours: Not familiar with it, but was there a remake with Dudley Moore?

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir: Was already on my 40's watchlist.

Day of Wrath: Was already on my 40's watchlist. I loved Ordet from the same director.

Ride the Pink Horse: Not familiar with it.

The Sea Horse: I always see this on and have almost watched it a few times. I always end up picking something on my watchlist. Well now it's on my watchlist.

Body and Soul: My nom, and a recent random watch off the noirs list. Not a typical noir, and I think it'll do well. Here's a free and legal link-

Full Movie

Grapes of Wrath was going to be my other possible choice, but I knew Camo was sour on it and didn't want to hear about that
I liked Grapes of Wrath. Just wasn't a major favourite and would be towards the bottom of Ford for me so far.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
The practical and trick effects are really impressive for the time and circumstances in which the film was made
I have seen Beauty and the Beast twice, but that was so long ago. The one thing that really stands out in my memory is the special effects.

I will begin this either some time later next week or early the following week. I want to finish the 13th first (two movies to watch and three to review) and finish the Musical Artist one, also (really just have to write a review). But then I will seriously begin this one afterwards.

I know I have said it before, but I swear there is someone in the metro area around me that follows these HoF's. Seriously. And I think that person goes to the library that I frequent because, amazingly, all of these films that are at that library are now checked out. What are the odds? Always? Interesting

I nominated His Girl Friday even though I know comedies don't do as well. I think this one is a comedy that is on a different level. No slapstick or silliness to it at all. I would even dare to go as far as saying it is more along the lines of an intellectual comedy, perhaps. I didn't want to go with a drama, as I thought that would be what most of the nominations would be. I hope people like it, but now that it has been revealed, I can be more honest and say that I knew Camo saw it and I knew he liked it.

Anyway, I did second guess my nomination, though. For awhile there I was honestly going to see if I could change it to The Pride of the Yankees. I kind of wanted others to watch it, too. I will just have to hold out hope for it to be on the countdown list.

I know I have said it before, but I swear there is someone in the metro area around me that follows these HoF's. Seriously. And I think that person goes to the library that I frequent because, amazingly, all of these films that are at that library are now checked out. What are the odds? Always? Interesting
It's probably Raul.

think i've seen him posting that you are from the same state so if i'm mixed up disregard this haha

It's probably Raul.

think i've seen him posting that you are from the same state so if i'm mixed up disregard this haha
That's right, Raul likes those goofy Packers.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
WOW, this is off and running!!
Really enjoyed the hesitation of posting who nominated what. Would have missed on every one.
Only see a couple, been wanting to see several others and some I've never heard of, so, pretty f@ckin cool!

Oh, and @cricket, it's sea WOLF, not sea horse, you b@stard
But you DID guess right! I figured you would since I mentioned it a while back when talking about Edward G Robinson