Movie about buddhist monk, kidnappers and marriage

Tools    

Some of my familiars remember the movie, but it's very difficult riddle, because it's low-budget movie

It's movie from 80's or 90's. The film is set in Thailand probably. Two couples or marriage were kidnapped and they were holding by terrorists. Two men were killed, but two women escaped and they are pursuing. Then, they are found by buddhist monk and they got orange monk's robes. They are "bald" and they have umbrellas. At the end, one of woman saw own mother-in-law.

Any suggestions?

I added new informations, because somebody looks for the same movie in the other forum.

A young couple (or engaged couple) goes to some country there. On the spot, they are kidnapped from a train by the rebels and imprisoned in their camp. Then, they meet a French couple who had been kidnapped some time earlier. The kidnappers want money from the French and American governments in exchange for the hostages. Any of governments doesn't agree to pay the ransom. Rebels murder men and send pictures of their bodies to their families. The parents of the killed American decide to save his girlfriend and arrive to this country to pay the kidnappers. The women organise to escape the camp, but no effect. Then, there is crucial scene, because women find a buddhist monk. I remember they stumbled upon him just as he was meditating, tried to get his attention, talked to him, kept his hands in his eyes, but he didn't budge. He was almost like silent. Once they gave up and wanted to go on, he stopped them. He shaved them bald, gave them a paste that made their skin a darker color, and orange robes and umbrellas (he used to wear one himself), in short - he helped them dress up as monks. Later they wandered through roads and fields, passing the rebels several times. People treated them with respect and bowed. At the end of the movie, one of the rebels drives past them and realizes it's them, turns back across the field and goes straight for them. The women panic, but the monk stands quietly, pulls his umbrella out in front of him, and at that moment the car explodes (crashed into a mine). At the end they traveled across (probably) a bridge and a van with the parents of the killed American passed them by, his mother met her son's girlfriend in one of the monks and got out to call her. The young, however, thought that it was only hallucinations and she turned away only after calling several times. The women thanked the monk and ran to the others, and he went on. The monk didn't say a word during movie, because he is silent or he pretends to be silent man. Perhaps, the movie was based on a fact.

Some of my familiars remember the movie, but it's very difficult riddle, because it's low-budget movie

It's movie from 80's or 90's. The film is set in Thailand probably. Two couples or marriage were kidnapped and they were holding by terrorists. Two men were killed, but two women escaped and they are pursuing. Then, they are found by buddhist monk and they got orange monk's robes. They are "bald" and they have umbrellas. At the end, one of woman saw own mother-in-law.

Any suggestions?
did u look on TUBI i know its a streaming subscription but i know it had all low budget movies , u can have a look there and let me know if its on there but i will look for it!

did u look on TUBI i know its a streaming subscription but i know it had all low budget movies , u can have a look there and let me know if its on there but i will look for it!
Thank you for your guess. Beyond Rangoon (1995) has similar plot, but it isn't my movie, because I checked it. I think that it's something less popular.

ur welcome. ooh okay hope u find it soon
I found. But it's very tough to get. It's The Hostages (1997) !
https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/t...es-1997/11916/

Here is a description from this website:
Holidaying in Asia, Australian backpackers Joanne and Richard are hauled off a train and taken as hostages by Cambodian rebels. A ransom demand is made on the Australian Government for their release. The Government refuses to pay. Also kidnapped is French couple Louise and Pierre who are confident a French mining company for whom Pierre works will pay the ransom. When Richard and Pierre are executed, Joanne and Louise know their days are numbered and plan their escape.

I found. But it's very tough to get. It's The Hostages (1997) !
https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/t...es-1997/11916/

Here is a description from this website:
Someone has the dates mixed up (not attacking wositelec).

IMDB lists Hostages (1997) as a Nigerian movie. It doesn't have "The" in the movie title.

IMDB lists The Hostages (2002) as an Australian movie filmed in Cambodia. That must be the one OP is looking for. The Australian screen guide has the wrong year in its article.