Cars and your gender

Tools    

How fabulous is this? A 1960’s Benz.

You ready? You look ready.
Petro-masculinity. As someone who sits low to the ground I am acutely aware that if I ever get in an accident I am probably going to die.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-pickup-truck?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Petro-masculinity. As someone who sits low to the ground I am acutely aware that if I ever get in an accident I am probably going to die.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-pickup-truck?
I hate those monster trucks and EVERYONE around here has them. I call 'em a** h*** trucks

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Just curious, but anyone else seeing truck lift kits riding around with just the front axle lifted? This puts the truck at a slant where the front is several inches higher than the back. It's been trending here with the high school kids for some reason. Adults call it the "dog squat" lift. It's silly to me, and seems dangerous considering you have to lean forward over your steering wheel to see where your front end is going. Several years ago we also had a surge of 'truck nuts.' I figure it's an Alabama, Florida panhandle, and probably Georgia thing. Anyone up in the Carolinas seeing either?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You ready? You look ready.
I’m gonna plead the Fifth.
You know you jelly of my refined palate!

And yeah, those dog squat trucks are around here and there. Most of the ones I see are on air shocks/hydraulics, tho, so they can adjust it as they see fit. And I agree it's pretty stupid.

I think it's crazy how huge and high some of these stock trucks are getting, tho. For real, 90% of the time when driving next to these new trucks I can't even see the bottom of their side windows. Sitting low really takes defensive driving to a whole new level.

Saw an older gentleman driving a blue Benz just like this at the weekend. Such a beautiful car. The one in the photo is from 1970. Anyway, I waved to the guy & he waved back.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I dreamed someone gave me a new mustang. i don't even like mustangs! but i drove it. it was free and I didn't want to seem ungrateful. still, it was so weird. for that kinda money i'd be like give me a 2013 kia and off some debt =\ i don't think it was a stick either. i'm not sure there was even a driver's seat. just a roll bar cage. so weird.

random unnecessary complaint of the day.

I dream of a Plymouth Hemi Cuda, but dreaming is not bad. So far, I ride a Chrysler Sebring. Recently, by the way, I equipped the garage with an automatic remote switch. Now I close the garage without leaving the car. I chose the Chamberlain RJO20 opener, it works perfectly, doesn't lay. If interested, here is its description.