Your Top 5 Favorite Adam Sandler Movies

Tools    

I'm always amazed to find folks who like even one of Sandler's films. I remember something on TV some years ago that said Sandler's mom ran a stand-up comedy club in some city where at one point the comics went on strike for higher pay. Apparently Sandler was quite young at the time and so got away with going out an upstairs window onto the marquee and peeing on the striking comics demonstrating in front to the club. I understand that's how he developed his particular brand of "humor."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Sandler's mom was a nursery school teacher, and he graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from NYU.

What Sandler films have you watched, rufnek?

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
1. Big Daddy
2. The Wedding Singer
3. Mr. Deeds

These are the only three I've really liked. If all his movies were like Big Daddy I'd probably like him a world more.

imo Sandler has definitely gone downhill in his acting and writing.
But...
1.Happy Gilmore
2.Billy Madison
3.Wedding Singer
4.Waterboy
5.Big Daddy

Very predictable,sorry.

I also really like Reign Over Me, but i wanted to stick to his comedies for the list. And Punch Drunk Love was pretty good, but not for a PTA movie.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Five? Really?

I've got to give him major props for Punch Drunk Love for sure. And I like the Chanukah song (yes I know it's not a movie). Other than that, there's not much I can sit through.

A system of cells interlinked
Here's my list of good Sandler films:

Oh well....

Employee of the Month
If that is your brutal opinion about Sandler-Movies, what do you guys and girls think about his buddy Rob Schneider?

No, serious, Sandlers humor is very special, but it`s unfair to say "Spanglish" and "Reign Over Me" are not good, just because garbage like "Waterboy" and "Big Daddy".

Just saw grown ups, I can safely say this is definately not on my top 5 list, but probably my bottom 2 list of Sandler movies.

Top 5:

1. Happy Gilmore
2. Anger management
3. Click
4. Mr. Deeds
5. Waterboy

1. Punch-Drunk Love
2. Funny People

I really only enjoyed Funny People because of my fascination with stand up comedy. Adam Sandler wasn't very good. Seth Rogan either. It was just a decent movie that kept me watching...

Sandler's funniest movie was Happy Gilmore.

Here, There and Everywhere
1. Happy Gilmore
2. The Waterboy
3. Click
4. The Longest Yard
5. The Wedding Singer

Semper Fooey
I'm always amazed to find folks who like even one of Sandler's films. I remember something on TV some years ago that said Sandler's mom ran a stand-up comedy club in some city where at one point the comics went on strike for higher pay. Apparently Sandler was quite young at the time and so got away with going out an upstairs window onto the marquee and peeing on the striking comics demonstrating in front to the club. I understand that's how he developed his particular brand of "humor."
Rufnek is thinking of Pauly Shore who is much worse than Adam Sandler.

I usually dismiss any Adam Sandler movie. I do not go out of my way to watch them, but occasionally I will stop if I find one flipping the channels. I'm actually surprised I can list 5 that I considered decent:

Click
50 First Dates
Happy Gilmore
Mr. Deeds
Bedtime Stories (the kids enjoy it)

(Yes, I said Mr. Deeds. Even though it is a very poor imitation of the Frank Capra/Gary Cooper classic, it is one of Adam Sandler's better movies.)