The Doors - What Do You Think Of Them?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Knew a guy who was pretty into the Doors, was also very into Jim Morrison. I get the feeling now that he saw me as retarded as a human being because I didn't quite understand the pros of JM's lyrics. He now runs his own small business and has a child out of wedlock.
I feel like this is a common theme amongst Jim Morrison fanatics. If you don't know who he is and think of him as a song writing God you have a soul deficit. That's usually when I ask for a little of whatever they're smoking.

I have several of The Doors albums in my collection and have listened to them all once or twice, but these days I usually hit the skip button when they come on. Except for Roadhouse Blues. That will always be one of my favorite driving songs ever.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

They are a polarizing band. Personally I love some of their songs.

Though I remember when I was a teenager one of my friends was playing “people are strange” and a teenage girl reaction was “what?!… Are you serious?” and thought it was terrible.

Different tastes for different people, I suppose.

They're about as good as it gets for me. They're also probably the only act where I love all their work. I will add I mean the four of them, not the post Morrison stuff. Not that it's bad, just that it's not The Doors.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
They're about as good as it gets for me. They're also probably the only act where I love all their work. I will add I mean the four of them, not the post Morrison stuff. Not that it's bad, just that it's not The Doors.

Same. I've listened to "Other Voices" and "Full Circle", but there's only one good song from each album, and I would have expected better. But just like sports, one guy can change how the others perform.

They were a unit, they bounced off each other and prompted each other. Like a comedy duo or troupe. They knew it too and it's why Jim always corrected anyone who called them Jim Morrison and The Doors or implied that he was more important than the others. He was the vocalist and the frontman (which as you know he wasn't comfortable with either) but he wasn't The Doors.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
They were a unit, they bounced off each other and prompted each other. Like a comedy duo or troupe. They knew it too and it's why Jim always corrected anyone who called them Jim Morrison and The Doors or implied that he was more important than the others. He was the vocalist and the frontman (which as you know he wasn't comfortable with either) but he wasn't The Doors.

All true.. I liked after reading Jim going to the emcee to go back and introduce them properly as "The Doors".

I always felt that they were much better than what they did than most psychedelic bands. Of course, before I heard the debut album I thought Light My Fire was dorky. I guess I just had to get more familiar with them. :P

I always felt that they were much better than what they did than most psychedelic bands. Of course, before I heard the debut album I thought Light My Fire was dorky. I guess I just had to get more familiar with them. :P
Yeah I still think “Light my fire” and “people are strange” are both really dorky songs.