Dining table, human beings transform into pigs and keep laughing

Tools    

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'm requesting for your help as I'm searching for a movie with the following description:
In color
Year: later 80's or 90's
Genre: MAYBE fantasy and/or adventure
MAYBE Made in the USA
Scene description: to me unknown main character is in a tavern/kitchen sitting at a big dining table among other well dressed diners.
The big table and the tavern/kitchen is illuminated with candles, oil lamps and other low tech equipment as the movie MAY be in medieval period.
At a certain point, while all the diners are eating, drinking and hysterically laughing, they start to slowly transform into pigs who keep hysterically laughing and keep wearing their elegant clothes and while sitting at the big table; if I remember correctly the only person who doesn't transform is the main character who sits at the table surprised and terrified face expression.
A detail: while the diners are slowly and unaware transforming into pigs, the camera records also the scene from under the table, where the feet of the diners transform into pig legs.

Please help me to identify such movie.
Thank you in advance.
Andrea

You didn't say it was animated (which I'd think would be one of the first pieces of information since it narrows things down a lot), but I think that might be Spirited Away.

You didn't say it was animated (which I'd think would be one of the first pieces of information since it narrows things down a lot), but I think that might be Spirited Away.

I did think that but decided not to suggest in the end. But you’re probably right.

Sometimes I suggest things even if they blatantly contradict what's in the OP, and it turns out to be that anyway. By definition people are asking for things they don't remember properly, so it's super common for them to mash things together or misremember even major parts of things. Hell, we've had people actively argue for several posts about how sure they were about something only to admit later it was wrong. Just part of being human.

Also very common for people to just sort of forget to mention things like whether it was animated, in another language, or even black and white, even though you'd think those would be the first details everyone would post. So it goes!

Sometimes I suggest things even if they blatantly contradict what's in the OP, and it turns out to be that anyway. By definition people are asking for things they don't remember properly, so it's super common for them to mash things together or misremember even major parts of things. Hell, we've had people actively argue for several posts about how sure they were about something only to admit later it was wrong. Just part of being human.

Also very common for people to just sort of forget to mention things like whether it was animated, in another language, or even black and white, even though you'd think those would be the first details everyone would post. So it goes!

There is no certitude more incorrigible and unsound than the counsel of memory.

These suggestions above seem to fit better, but my first thought was Animal Farm.

This sounds like the part of the Odyssey where Circe changes Odysseus'/Ulysses' men to swine. Here's a list of dramatizations from Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circ...opular_culture

Or -- possibly an episode of Hercules or Xena.

What I'm learning from this is that this happens a lot more than I ever would have thought.

What I'm learning from this is that this happens a lot more than I ever would have thought.
A much maligned animal. Even Jules didn't have respect for Sus domesticus in Pulp Fiction.

It is not animated.
None of the below answers match with the movie I'm looking for.
If I'm mistaken, maybe the diners were transformed not into pigs nut into another animal, but I remember clearly that still from human to animal they keep hysterically laughing!
Can anyone here help me?
Thank you in advance

When you say they don't match, do you mean you don't think they sound right, or did you find footage from each of them? I ask because, as I alluded to above, it's very common for memories to be off (or merge with other films or shows entirely), so it's not generally reliable to rule something out without seeing the footage (if then).

is it? Pan's Labyrinth" (2006)