Spy Game
0%
0 votes
Revenge
18.42%
7 votes
Other
38 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I may get a bit of backlash for thinking a lot of people like Tony Scott. I've started to become a pretty big fan of his work. Anyways I'm interested to know what people regard as his best work to date.

Here's his filmography in the order of favourite to least favourite it's funny that I just realized that I've seen everything he's done.

Man on Fire (2004)
Revenge (1990)
True Romance (1993)
Déjà Vu (2006)
Spy Game (2001)
Days of Thunder (1990)
Domino (2005)
The Last Boy Scout (1991)
The Hunger (1983)
Crimson Tide (1995)
Top Gun (1986)
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009)
Enemy of the State (1998)
The Fan (1996)
Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)

Sorry I should have put other instead of Days of thunder if one of the mods can change it it would be much appreciated.

Without a doubt, True Romance.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Are you kidding me?!?! Top Gun all the way. Best. Popcorn. Film. Ever.

I've seen 9 of them. Of those I haven't seen, everyone keeps telling me to check out Man On Fire and I'll eventually end up seeing his remake of The Taking Of Pelham 123.

No votes for The Hunger yet? Odd. That'd probably be my next pick and I know there's a few fans of the film on the site.

I've only seen Man on Fire, True Romance, and Top Gun.

I like True Romance better but I think that has more to do with Tarantino than Scott, so I'm picking Man on Fire.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Based off of what I've seen.....

1. Man on Fire 10/10
2. Deja Vu 9.5/10
Huge Drop off
Taking of Pelham 123 (7.5/10) Crimson Tide (6.5/10), Last Boyscout (4/10)

Here's his filmography in the order of favourite to least favourite...
He apparently likes Tom Cruise a hell of a lot more than I do.

I voted for True Romance. It's not a favorite out of all the films my man Sammy has been in, but I like the film a lot.

Sorry I should have put other instead of Days of thunder if one of the mods can change it it would be much appreciated.
Sorry so late. I meant to look at this thread when it first went up. It's fixed, now.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Last Boy Scout is undoubtedly my favorite. Great humour and classic one-liners from Bruce Willis. Plus, friday night is a great night for football.

Tony has a lot of films I like, He is a visual master and always has superb production. My favorite TS film is True Romance - which is also on my top 50 film list.

Are all his movies as good as True Romance? ^^

Are all his movies as good as True Romance? ^^
I pretty much only adore the ones I mentioned, the other films in his filmography I haven't enjoyed as much.

I've seen all of them.
Man On Fire and True Romance would be stand outs for me although I have to admit that I really enjoyed the Last Boy Scout with Bruce Willis,
but then again I like almost anything with Bruce Willis.

True Romance, but mostly thanks to Quentin for writing a genius script. The direction was nothing special, no offense to Scott.

I really like his slick style although I didn't particularly care for some of his most beloved movies eg. Days of Thunder and Top Gun. Not that I hated any of them. I just didn't think they were his best.

I'd say my favorites are Crimson Tide (two dynamite performances by Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman), Enemy of the State (Hackman, great as usual, and fun to watch alongside Smith), and True Romance (Gary Oldman is a genius and James Gandolfini is too often overlooked).
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!