Sneakers a Phil Alden Robinson film

→ in
Tools    

I my not be the biggest Redford Fan out there, but when a role comes along like this it's the perfect fit for him. timing was great and this role for Redford couldn't have come at a better time in his career where he's able to show himself to the younger audience and people that enjoyed him in the 70's.

When people mention the words essembly cast this is one of the first movies to pop up in my head. It's not so much a thriller or suspence or drama or action it plays with all those genre's but for the most part stays within the comfortable confines of the Comedy genre.

With movies like (Basic Instinct,Reservoir Dogs & Unforgiven) taking up most of the national acclaimand movie like (Orlando,Zentropa & Neil Jordon's The Crying Game) taking up the international acclaim and then to top that off some other essambly cast movies that got more attention (Robert Altman's The Player,Woody Allen's Shadows and Fog and James Foley's Glengarry Glenross based on David Mamet's excallent play) made it harder and harder for Sneakers to squizze threw the cracks.

Packed with intresting characters and moments of real feelings with a kind of Road Runner right at your face style comedy. Most of the actors sit comfortly in their chairs most surprisingly was Ben Kingsley performance who never really felt right in his part not that he wasn't good he just felt out of place but maybe that was the director's intentions because he was an outsider from Redford's Team or the group, also there were some intriging actors takes on characters most of them work and add to the funness of the movie.

Editing is important to the flow of the movie while the first half moves at a steady rate as it meelding into the the second half of the film it picks up and becomes more racer staying many steps ahead and never stumbling over itself.

James Earl Jones has a neat Cameo apperance as a secret Agent which is something he knows all to well with his character Admil James Greer in (Hunt for Red October,Patriot Games & later on Clear and Present Danger).

Lost within the great movies of '92 maybe had it been made a year before or after It might have made more of any inpacted or considerably gone up the ranks and could have been more rewarded for it's intresting take on the comedy genre with computer technology and Con-Game tricks.

What I really liked about the movie is that it came down to having fun. Some of the dialogue exchanges are terifficly written and perfectly timed also interaction between characters was essatial were any actor can just have a look on there face to another character but intern says a lot more and adds to the all around enjoyment of the film.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Now this is one movie I love watching. Great movie all-around. The cast was great for this movie.

I can't see why some people don't like it, it's very entertaining.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by L .B . Jeffries
timing was great

I was great. The movie was pretty cool too, very entertaining.

I LOVE this caper flick. It's in my collection. I throw it on once or twice a year. The cast was brilliant, writing was excellent and it was just a fun and interesting movie. So many memorable characters.

If you've never seen it I highly recommend it. Excellent caper film.

I am a big fan of Sneakers own it and watched it again a few weeks ago

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Fantasic movie! The quirky collection of characters, excellent cast, great script, good story, and overall fun. What's not to like?

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
[asking each team member what they'll do with their share of the money]
Martin Bishop: Carl?
Carl: [helium voice] I'd like to have a deep relationship with a beautiful woman who melts from the very first time our eyes meet.
[others laughing]
Martin Bishop: We're not getting paid that much, Carl.
Carl: Well, you know, someone like Liz.
Martin Bishop: We're definitely not getting paid that much.

each member of the team makes a request in return for the decryption chip]
Whistler: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward man.
Bernard Abbott: Oh, this is ridiculous.
Martin Bishop: He's serious.
Whistler: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men.
Bernard Abbott: We are the United States Government! We don't do that sort of thing.
Martin Bishop: You're just gonna have to try.
Bernard Abbott: All right, I'll see what I can do.
Whistler: Thank you very much. That's all I ask.

This definitely a fun film to watch. With all the stuff in the news about wikileaks and confidential cables being released one of the first things to pop in my head about the United States Government and all governments around the world for that matter was a quote from "Sneakers".

"Too Many Secrets"

I like when they're playing Scrabble and Redford starts arranging the letters in SETEC ASTRONOMY to see if it can mean something else. After a few tries the camera pans on the tiles and it says COOTY RAT SEMEN. They just look at each other and say "Nah."

I watched it Saturday night. A great movie that doesn't pretend to be anything that it's not. It's fairly long, but not drawn-out to the point where it becomes tedious.

I absolutely love this film. It goes in between being my favorite film of all time with Blade Runner. I know that's a wide gap, but this film, the writing, the music, the nostalgia of the old computers... absolutely DOES it for me. This always is on all my devices and it always puts me in a good mood.

This might just do nobody any good.
Such a fun film! Makes me yearn for Redford the movie star.

I just love David Strathairn in this.