Sidney Lumet's Power

→ in
Tools    

Power 1986/color/111min/r/Lorimar Film

Director by
Sidney Lumet

Cast Richard Gere/Julie Christie/Gene Hackman/Kate Chapshaw/ Denzel Washington/E.G.Marshall/Beatrice Straight

Music by
Cy Coleman

Cinematography by
Andrzej Bartkowaik

Written by David Himmelstein

In one of my favorite performances Richard Gere plays a money hungry media consultant in this slick political drama. When one of Gere's friends/employers decides to give up his rein Gere start to think about who he's working for, the good guys or the bad guys.

Firmly directed by Sidney Lumet this is one power house of a film that manages to strike all the right cords for me in every department. The Cast & Crew all around did a great job. This film is for any one who enjoys a good solid motion picture with Political intrigue.
________
Park Beach Condo Pattaya

Lumet has made some amazing films over his long career. Power isn't one of them. Great cast, especially Hackman, Denzel Washington, Julie Christie, J.T. Walsh and E.G. Marshall, but it plays like a made-for-TV drama, and seemed dated even when it was released back in 1986.

An average and almost completely forgettable film in my book. The no-frills, full-frame DVD is floating around for less than ten bucks, so I guess that coupled with the good names draws people in to take a chance on this thing again. Personally, I don't really think it's worth the eight bucks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I have to confess that is one of the few Lumet films that I have never seen, but Lumet is one of my favorite directors and one of the few directors whose work I will see on the strength of his being the director and there aren't a lot of directors I feel that way about.