Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Terrible online sellers.

More than a week ago, I ordered some earrings from a seller on Etsy. They weren't the cheapest seller, but they were located reasonably close to me (like same state instead of other side of the country) and the delivery estimate was the soonest. They also had pretty good ratings.

On January 6th, the earrings were listed as shipped but the tracking info said that the post office was awaiting the package. I know sometimes USPS is slow to update tracking info, so I waited a few days and checked again - still awaiting package. On 1/11, I messaged the seller asking what is going on and they told me that they were having car trouble, but that they'd get it shipped right away. I was a little pissed that I had to ask what was going on, but maybe it just slipped their mind to let me know so I didn't bring up my annoyance. Yesterday I checked again and it still said the post office was awaiting the package. I messaged again and told the seller to give me a refund and was told they would issue it by the end of the day. I checked this morning and - no refund. I opened a case with Etsy and Etsy refunded my money immediately. I ordered them from a different seller so hopefully this new seller doesn't suck.

My dad's birthday is coming up and he's really difficult to shop for. I ended up ordering a pannetone from a third party seller on Amazon. It arrived yesterday. The shipping box had some minimal damage but I wasn't worried until I opened it and found the package for the pannetone all torn and taped together. If you don't know what pannetone, is it's a like a bread/cake. I haven't yet checked to see the state of the pannetone itself but WTF? These things are really expensive and it's a food item so it's really important that it be sealed and untampered with. What kind of shady ass seller does this? Fortunately Amazon issued a full refund, but this is ridiculous.

I order things online all the time and usually everything goes smoothly, but not this month I guess.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Terrible online sellers.

More than a week ago, I ordered some earrings from a seller on Etsy. They weren't the cheapest seller, but they were located reasonably close to me (like same state instead of other side of the country) and the delivery estimate was the soonest. They also had pretty good ratings.

On January 6th, the earrings were listed as shipped but the tracking info said that the post office was awaiting the package. I know sometimes USPS is slow to update tracking info, so I waited a few days and checked again - still awaiting package. On 1/11, I messaged the seller asking what is going on and they told me that they were having car trouble, but that they'd get it shipped right away. I was a little pissed that I had to ask what was going on, but maybe it just slipped their mind to let me know so I didn't bring up my annoyance. Yesterday I checked again and it still said the post office was awaiting the package. I messaged again and told the seller to give me a refund and was told they would issue it by the end of the day. I checked this morning and - no refund. I opened a case with Etsy and Etsy refunded my money immediately. I ordered them from a different seller so hopefully this new seller doesn't suck.

My dad's birthday is coming up and he's really difficult to shop for. I ended up ordering a pannetone from a third party seller on Amazon. It arrived yesterday. The shipping box had some minimal damage but I wasn't worried until I opened it and found the package for the pannetone all torn and taped together. If you don't know what pannetone, is it's a like a bread/cake. I haven't yet checked to see the state of the pannetone itself but WTF? These things are really expensive and it's a food item so it's really important that it be sealed and untampered with. What kind of shady ass seller does this? Fortunately Amazon issued a full refund, but this is ridiculous.

I order things online all the time and usually everything goes smoothly, but not this month I guess.

I know how you feel. I recently ordered a Funko Pop from a seller on eBay who had a low rating, but all good feedback, and more than week after buying it, including two emails from me asking for a tracking number that went unanswered, I finally had to file with eBay to get a refund. Now I have to try to find a good deal on the same pop from a different seller and hope that I actually get it this time.

In reference to the damaged item, at least you were able to get a refund. A few months ago, I bought four Funko Pops directly from Funko because they were Funko Exclusives. When I received them, all of the boxes had dents and creases in them because instead of using the right size shipping box, they jammed all four pops into a box that was too small, and there was no packing at all because there was no room for it.

When I called Funko to ask for an exchange because these are collectible items and the box condition is important, they told me that they don't guarantee the condition of the boxes, even if they damage them in shipping. My only option was to return them at MY expense to get a refund LESS the shipping charge.

I ended up keeping them with the damaged boxes, but I will never buy anything directly from Funko again. They're the only site I've ever found that won't guarantee that they won't damage the item due to poor packing.

I hate it when people state assertively that “it’s gonna snow tomorrow” even though there’s no indication of this on the Weather Channel. People always do this as I head out on my walk & I’m nervous & worried then about upcoming conditions. When I get back home I hurry to the Weather Channel where there is no mention of snow.

I hate it when people state assertively that “it’s gonna snow tomorrow” even though there’s no indication of this on the Weather Channel. People always do this as I head out on my walk & I’m nervous & worried then about upcoming conditions. When I get back home I hurry to the Weather Channel where there is no mention of snow.
Yea but tomorrow it's going to snow.

Lordy, I wish I were you. Not only were the temps zero on Saturday we had no power because there was an underground electrical fire on our street. Our house is all-electric so we had no light or heat. Never been so cold in my life.

Yea but tomorrow it's going to snow.
Maybe in MA, but definitely not in CT.

Lordy, I wish I were you. Not only were the temps zero on Saturday we had no power because there was an underground electrical fire on our street. Our house is all-electric so we had no light or heat. Never been so cold in my life.

Maybe in MA, but definitely not in CT.
*in februarys its our hottest month here which is annoying. i miss winter 😩. gosh really that must annoyed alot especially the fire, hope they fixed it fast and that u were okay

*in februarys its our hottest month here which is annoying. i miss winter 😩. gosh really that must annoyed alot especially the fire, hope they fixed it fast and that u were okay
We’re fine thanks, but they are still working on my street.

that good and gosh still no power?
No, we lost power for only half a day, but in the bitter cold it was very unpleasant.

Something that intensely annoys me: paywalls! The Washington Post & the Daily Telegraph (to name just two) won’t let you read even a paragraph on their dumb websites without asking for money. So annoying!

Something that intensely annoys me: paywalls! The Washington Post & the Daily Telegraph (to name just two) won’t let you read even a paragraph on their dumb websites without asking for money. So annoying!
15 Ways to Bypass a Paywall in 2023

If they're dumb why are you trying to read them and annoyed that you can't?
I didn’t say the articles are dumb. They’re dumb for preventing readers from taking even a quick look at their content.

Thanks. Got to go now, but will take a look on Monday.

Amazon and their awful courier service.

I have Prime. On February 7th, I ordered a gift for my friend's birthday. It had Prime shipping. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. It was at the Amazon facility IN MY TOWN yesterday. It did not get delivered. Instead it got delayed and was sent to an Amazon facility in another city. Earlier today, it was listed as out for delivery. Did it get delivered? No. No it did not and it's not going to be. Not today. I contacted customer service and it's been "rescheduled" for tomorrow (which is bullshit that I even needed to ask for that).

The really frustrating part of this is that the item in question is only one of several parts of the gift and I need to have it right away so I can figure out its capacity before I can order the final part of the gift. I've ordered several other items for this gift and if any of them get delayed a day or two it really doesn't matter. It's just this one part that is really time sensitive and of course it's just this one part that they keep failing to deliver to me.

hating this heatwave it was 36 other day and 34 c today -.- hope its over soon
Don’t hate it. There are many people in the world right now who are freezing & would love to swap with you.

You ready? You look ready.
@Miss Vicky: and they won’t even do any sort of shipping refund like they used to do (i.e. free month of Prime). These days Walmart is the faster shipper. I’m surprised by how many items not available in stores are next day delivery.