A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Don't forget Oliver Reed vs Klaus Kinski in Venom (1981)

That looks like one of those movie posters from Ghana.

Has anyone heard much about Outwaters? It's made by one of my fellow New Jerseyans and seems to be getting some good buzz, in the vibe of the original Blair Witch project with a low budget but a good payoff in the third act.

This is the first I've heard of it, but the response seems to be very positive based on my brief research. Added to my list.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Fun fact: Kinski turned down the role of Toht in Raiders of the Lost Ark to star in this instead.

...that was probably for the best.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Steven Spielberg wanted Kinski to play one of the Nazi villains in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but he turned it down, saying: "as much as I'd like to do a movie with Spielberg, the script is as moronically shitty as so many other flicks of this ilk."

"Tell Me. Do You Bleed? You Will."
Steven Spielberg wanted Kinski to play one of the Nazi villains in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but he turned it down, saying: "as much as I'd like to do a movie with Spielberg, the script is as moronically shitty as so many other flicks of this ilk."

You shouldn't let one bad Argento movie from the universally acknowledged shitty period of his career, keep you from the good ones that he did in his good period. Phenomena, Tenebre, Four Flies, even Sleepless or Cat O Nine Tails, are all worth checking out.

Even his Dracula, which is astonishingly bad, and should probably be avoided at all costs, becomes interestingly weird if you are willing to also be bored beyond belief.
I think even his shitty period is worth checking out! *slinks back into the shadows*

Victim of The Night
... so I'm doing this snake movie.

That looks like one of those movie posters from Ghana.

Imagine a road trip to Vegas with Oliver Reed, Klaus Kinski, Alejandro Jodorowsky, and Dame Edna.

The Bell Witch Haunting, 2013 (D)

Just a terrible Paranormal Activity type knockoff. A lot of people yelling about stuff, a guy who, for some reason, bought a 4k camera just to film whatever happens in his house. Some police body cam footage. Nothing too interesting.

The Strings, 2020 (B+)

I'll probably need a rewatch to fully appreciate that one, but it's exactly my type of slow, slow, slow, moody film. Shout out to Takoma for mentioning it somewhere 'round these parts a while back.

The Strings, 2020 (B+)

I'll probably need a rewatch to fully appreciate that one, but it's exactly my type of slow, slow, slow, moody film. Shout out to Takoma for mentioning it somewhere 'round these parts a while back.
Yay, glad you liked it.

Yeah, I'm into highbrow cinema.

"Do you know what to do with a pause?"

Shame on all of you for not talking more about Arrebato. Or if you did talk about it and I didn't notice, not talking about it again and again until I watched it.

Shame.

"Do you know what to do with a pause?"

Shame on all of you for not talking more about Arrebato. Or if you did talk about it and I didn't notice, not talking about it again and again until I watched it.

Shame.

I know where the shame belongs! With everyone else on earth but me!!

I've been pressing on that one for about a decade since I saw it in a restored print at a theater. Rotten tomatoes, Corrie and here (possibly as recently as a few months ago). Even with poster attached, for maximum visibility. Always to the same terrible silence.

Finally someone else watched the damn thing.

Finally someone else watched the damn thing.
I'm halfway through and loving it.

I mean, it is a little lazy that it leans on the old trope of
WARNING: spoilers below
hypnotizing a woman with a Betty Boop doll so that you can have sex with her boyfriend on a bed covered in barely-allegorical putty and slime

But I'm trying not to hold that against it.

I'm halfway through and loving it.

I mean, it is a little lazy that it leans on the old trope of
WARNING: spoilers below
hypnotizing a woman with a Betty Boop doll so that you can have sex with her boyfriend on a bed covered in barely-allegorical putty and slime

But I'm trying not to hold that against it.

It is a movie that made a strong impression. I think I came across it at a Pedro Almodovar retrospective (he dubs the voice of one of the female characters)

I saw a bunch of rare things around the same time at that theater, all of which I pushed to some degrees. Willow Springs, The Arcane Enchanter and Under the Sun of Satan (by Maurice Pialat who is a director I keep trying to tempt people to with no success). But Arrebato was the one that has lingered the longest

Kingdom of the Spiders, and I wish I had heeded the warning, there’s a ****load of cruelty toward spiders. It upset me quite a bit even if they are just tarantulas.