Godless (Netflix)

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Steven Soderbergh produces this western series from Scott Frank (Logan, Out of Sight).

The series follows Roy Goode (Jack O'Connell) who is on the run from Frank Griffin's (Jeff Daniels) gang of outlaws. Goode finds himself hiding out in a New Mexico mining town ran mostly by women.

The town must band together with Goode to hold off the gang out to kill him and destroy the town if they must.

Show debuts on November 22nd with 7 episodes.

Cast also includes Michelle Dockery, Scoot McNairy, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Merrit Weaver, Sam Waterston, Kim Coates and Rob Morgan.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh noesss, waiting for the MRAs in the fandom to cry the town is run by ze wiminz.

Looks good. I hdnt heard of this, and definitely on the western train while waiting for season 2 of WW choo choo

They went ahead and found the worst cover for this song:

I’m really excited to see Jack O’Connell in something like this. He’s fantastic in Starred Up and i had him pegged as the next Tom Hardy.

I’m also getting a kick out of seeing Lady Mary (shut up) as a western hero.

First episode is GOOD. Greatly atmospheric. Jeff Daniels is going to steal the whole show and there’s some serious Mad Max/Furiosa vibes between O’Connell and Dockery.

I won’t be able to continue until tomorrow afternoon, though.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I wanna try to watch one or two before ye' night is out.

Started watching the first episode. When the intro started it made me think, this is how a season of True Detective in the ol' west would start.

Oh. The music credit clears that up.

Not feeling the pilot at all.

It ends up surprisingly (disappointingly) generic. The whole “feminist western” angle is actually kind of a lie as it’s got 3 male leads.

It’s really the best version of a story you’ve seen several times before. Technically flawless but not surprising.

I feel like I’ve only started threads for ultimately passable or outright bad tv or film projects.

Kinda left me feeling like the Deuce. Looks great, actors I like, but I just end up deleting the episodes off my dvr cuz' I'm never gonna watch it.

If you have a hankerin' for western, Damnation on USA is really good from what I've seen.

[font=century gothic]Kinda left me feeling like the Deuce. Looks great, actors I like, but I just end up deleting the episodes off my dvr cuz' I'm never gonna watch it.
I got quite a bit further with The Deuce, but ultimately bailed out as I didn’t believe in any of the characters.

Sigh. I wish Generation Smartphone-Gangsta' Rap had a desire to watch westerns. They make them better now than they ever had.

Really enjoying Godless, half way thru episode 2, and all the storylines and characters have settled into their groove.

If I had to decide between watching either the new season premiere of Game Of Thrones or the Deadwod movie my head would explode.