Best bloody action flick

Tools    

You know, when people ask you what is the most gory movie you've ever seen, you automatically think of horror movies like SAW or stuff, like that...but always going around the horror genre. That's I would like to ask you (yes, you) what is the most graphic, gory movie...that was an action movie favorite for you. Let me explain.

For me, it was The Raid 2 and The Raid: Redemption (they should've kept the original title though: The Deadly Raid). There is no bone that was not broken at least once in the action masterpiece that is The Raid 2. However, when I saw it, I wasn't disgusted by all the blood and violence. Don't get me wrong, if I enjoyed the violence, it's because it's a type of violence we hadn't seen before (except for Merantau and The Raid: Redemption) before there were no movies with that particular martial art: Pencak Silat. Anyway, this is only a thread, not a review, so I'll stop here.

What was your best, bloodiest, action flick?

It might not have much actual "gore" but Hard Boiled is one of the bloodiest action movies I've seen. Also one of the best action films ever, I gotta say.

I do agree with you about Raid 2, it was significantly more violent than the first Raid imo.

Gotta also give a nod to Dredd (2012) that one had a ton of violence in it. Very good movie also!

The Raid 2 best action movie of all-time

It might not have much actual "gore" but Hard Boiled is one of the bloodiest action movies I've seen. Also one of the best action films ever, I gotta say.

I do agree with you about Raid 2, it was significantly more violent than the first Raid imo.

Gotta also give a nod to Dredd (2012) that one had a ton of violence in it. Very good movie also!

Thank you for your opinion, False Writer.
I have to agree on the point that Dredd (2012) was a bloody good movie. I haven't seen Hard Boiled yet, be sure it is on my watchlist though.

I was about to recommend the Raid as well, especially the sequel, until I saw you did so yourself.

Expendables 1 and 2, Rambo 4, Kill Bill vol. 1, Robocop (original), Shoot Em Up and Machete.

All these are very violent but also very diverse in cinematic quality. But check them out and see if there are some you like.

The first movie I think of is the great, original RoboCop.

If you want to look at an action/crime film, Rise of the Footsoldier is one of the most violent films I've ever seen.

I was about to recommend the Raid as well, especially the sequel, until I saw you did so yourself.

Expendables 1 and 2, Rambo 4, Kill Bill vol. 1, Robocop (original), Shoot Em Up and Machete.

All these are very violent but also very diverse in cinematic quality. But check them out and see if there are some you like.

I saw Rambo 4 and Kill Bill 1 and 2. Shoot Em Up is on my watchlist along with Robocop. Machete...it's bloody but its not a ''good'' quality, if you know what I mean. I still wanna watch it though.

Yeah RoboCop every time.
Dredd too... I've yet to see The Raid movies, but that's down to the fanboy in me preferring Dredd.

What about Predator and Predator 2? They push into the horror genre, but you could say RoboCop does that too.

Sin City isn't action exactly, but it has action sequences and is pretty gory at times. Stylised, but gory.

Talking of RoboCop, have a look at Verhoeven's other movies like Starship Troopers and Total Recall...

Yeah RoboCop every time.
Dredd too... I've yet to see The Raid movies, but that's down to the fanboy in me preferring Dredd.

What about Predator and Predator 2? They push into the horror genre, but you could say RoboCop does that too.

Yeah, Predator was a good movie, graphic and action-packed. On Arnie's vid about explosions, that was the movie with the most explosions in which he's an actor. Predator 2? Haven't seen it yet...and I don't know if I will. I haven't heard so much good reviews of that movie. I preferred Aliens vs Predator: Requiem

AvP Requiem is underrated imho. It beats the first film by miles.

Predator 2 is a great film though. Also, without Pred 2, we wouldn't have AvP. Pred 2 was the movie that started it off.
Danny Glover, Gary Busey, Rueben Blades, Bill Paxton and Maria Conchita Alonso? Yes please!

Actually, I liked both, but the first one had too much CGI on the first act. The predators were CGI...AND IT WAS OBVIOUS!!! We could SEE it. Also I preferred the story in the 2nd one.

Btw The Rodent, I'll watch Pred 2

Anderson's movie had one good scene... where the Yautja jumps-spins and slams a spear into the Alien Queen... that was it.

AvPR had a load of decent set pieces. They even had Cameron's sound effects on the Xenomorphs and brought back Cameron's warrior Aliens with the armoured heads.
Granted the movie was very dark in lighting, but it outdoes Anderson's almost kid friendly cartoon by miles.

Anderson's movie had one good scene... where the Yautja jumps-spins and slams a spear into the Alien Queen... that was it.

AvPR had a load of decent set pieces. They even had Cameron's sound effects on the Xenomorphs and brought back Cameron's warrior Aliens with the armoured heads.
Granted the movie was very dark in lighting, but it outdoes Anderson's almost kid friendly cartoon by miles.
Agreed

Actually, I liked both, but the first one had too much CGI on the first act. The predators were CGI...AND IT WAS OBVIOUS!!! We could SEE it. Also I preferred the story in the 2nd one.

Btw The Rodent, I'll watch Pred 2