Best movies about serial killers?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I will second the recommendation for:

Monster

Jenkins, 2003

Charlize Theron's complete transformation into the character of Aileen Wuornos is something to behold. It's a good flick in its own right, but worth it just for the performance.

Say hello to my little friend!
The Pledge (2001) is a great one, but it doesn't focus on the murders as much as focusing on the pursuer's life. In addition, it has one of Jack Nicholson's finest performances.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Charlize Theron's complete transformation into the character of Aileen Wuornos is something to behold. It's a good flick in its own right, but worth it just for the performance.
She was great. I remember being abused for saying that performance gave me empathy for the dreadful upbringing she had. Theron really surprised me in that.

Prevenge is a twisted movie about a mass murdering pregnant woman. It's promoted and packaged as a zany dark comedy but I'd say it's a lot darker than that. At thought the name of the film was a bizarre reference to a Simpsons skit. It surprised me, I'd recommend it.

She was great. I remember being abused for saying that performance gave me empathy for the dreadful upbringing she had. Theron really surprised me in that.
I felt like that about Richard Kuklinski, seeing him in interviews and later reading about his early life. The effect of that was certainly something Michael Shannon brought out in The Iceman.

Just saw this one through all the way to the end for the first time (I bailed on this at least once early in the movie) and it was worth it!

Taking Lives (2004)

Here is a "different" one that is pretty fun to watch tho:

Kalifornia (1993)

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
Check out James Woods in James McEllroy's "Cop."

I really enjoyed it, watched it for free with the occasional commercial on Vudu.

Spooky music score got me locking my door right away! Has that gritty 80s cinema feel.

I just watched "My Friend Dahmer" about Jeffery Dahmer in high school based off a graphic novel written by the guy who was his friend in high school and I really liked it a lot

Zodiac.