Gravity

→ in
Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Liked the movie a lot as well. 8/10 from my end.

Gravity is a case of REEL science versus REAL science:
http://m.slashdot.org/story/192925
I can accept noise in space, for instance, in Star Wars or Star Trek scenario, Babylon 5, Battleship Galactica and such. Now I can't stand science fiction disguised as science as in this or Apollo missions, Armaggedon..

Fictional film indeed but not in the realms of far away galaxy in a parallel universe as the examples I quoted. Hence the audience always confuse. Like common people who always think REAL space have to be cold all the time. But if you couldn't grasp the difference between THIS and the examples I set, well, what else can I say? This was not meant to be STARGATE or 5th Element, right? Nothing more to add from my side.

We would all be sitting for a very very long time if we were looking for things wrong with films as there are inaccuracies in most films.

But as it's not a documentary on space travel, who really cares except for silly scientists who can't lighten up and have nothing more important to study in the world.

Pick on documentaries that are suppose to give us the facts but unless it's a rather massive and fat incorrect element that spoils a fictional film or a director who says this IS what happened and so on - why bother?

I don't bother. I wrote a statement explaining why I can't stand it. You added a commentary saying it's fictional and I replied there are differences among what is called fictional, period. Having said that I admit 3D in this movie worked and it reminded me an IMAX experience at Canadian Skydome about a documentary of the blue planet. I felt I was an astronaut.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It was a very solid film! Obviously the visuals are insanely amazing but you feel a part of the story as well. It will be an Oscar contender, but nothing is in the bag outside of cinematography which is pretty much a lock.

Going to see it tomorrow - taking my handkerchief.

I hesitate to call this a "film" or "movie" because there really is no story here. It's an event… a wonderfully visual, hypnotic and captivating event in orbit. Think Discovery Channel fictionalized with major artistic license with a dash of death and destruction. Do spectacular visuals trump the lack of character development and an actual story? Maybe in this case it does.

If you go expecting a true film, you'll be disappointed. If you go expecting a visual treat, you'll love it.
The true heart of film is to exhibit the human experience. If this is achieved, you have a film.

Wait, so Armageddon didn't use real science???

Gravity was very good. Some of the story elements were a bit silly but who cares - it's all about the sound, the visuals & the excitement.

8/10

After the good "Children of Men", Cuaron realizes a true masterpiece.
I love this movie!

Must be doin sumthin right
Bad physics and a too-flimsy narrative aren't even close to being problems for this movie. A more stripped-down version of this with no music and no back story for Bullock could have been so great. As it is, I thought it was still pretty cool. Especially loved the somewhat controversial scene in the Russian escape pod

it become one of the best movie of the year

Finished here. It's been fun.
Bad physics and a too-flimsy narrative aren't even close to being problems for this movie. A more stripped-down version of this with no music and no back story for Bullock could have been so great. As it is, I thought it was still pretty cool. Especially loved the somewhat controversial scene in the Russian escape pod
I think this movie is worth watching simply for the breathtaking cinematography alone. This really is at least from a visual standpoint a masterpiece. The acting I thought was pretty good too. It's one of the most enjoyable films I've ever watched in a movie theater personally. I think your being a little bit too harsh on it personally.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Shockingly surprised. This was really quite good, and I HATE Sandra Bullock. The previews with her annoying breathing almost kept me away, but I admit it was quite good.

My only gripe was the all too convenient ending. I won't spoil it though.

It's actually one of those movies worth to be seen in 3D. it happened to me just 3 times: AVATAR, PINA (by Wim Wenders) and Gravity. What you guys think?

I bet Cuaron gets Best Director this year.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."