Whats the last great documentary you saw?

Tools    

recently seen senna it was very good.....last year was a very strong year for docs 2012..i had to make a special spot on my top 10 films of 2012 list just because of all the great docs the best was searching for sugar man a couple really awesome ones from earlier years are grizzly man and catfish....here is a link to see my top docs from last year ENJOY!!!

Piper Alpha: Fire In The Night -
A superb documentary about the worlds worst off-shore oil disaster. The first person testimony of some of the survivors, combined with footage of the disaster, tell an harrowing story and, at times, an overwhelming one.

The Day After Peace, a decently made documentary about a really ambitious man trying to bring peace to the world little by little. A really interesting and inspiring story, well worth a watch!

Baraka is a great documentary! I saw it last week.

I'm sure it has been posted about but i watched this and highly recommend Grizzly Man if you have some time to waist. I'm pretty sure the full doc is on Youtube. Though it may have now been taken off?

The Act of Killing (2012) - This one is great. Make sure you watch the 2h39m version.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched WWE's documentary for CM Punk, and I have to say that I thought that it was very well done. Ever since Shawn Michaels retired, CM Punk was a lot of the reason that I actually watched their programming, and getting to see this side of him was very nice. I am over a year sober with watching the actual programming, but I'd still recommend this for fans of the character.

An astounding, personal account of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as seen from the view of a local farmer in Bi'lin. Very powerful and life affirming.

+

I finally got around to watching The Story of Film: An Odyssey. It's a 15 hour documentary on, well, the story of film, and plays out over 15 episodes. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in the cinema, those who are highly knowledgeable and those who aren't so much - there is something to be gained for everyone. Some people question the narrator (and writer/director) Mark Cousins' voice and while I found it a bit irritating at first, but after a couple segments I warmed up to it. I don't think there's ever been anything of this magnitude before and the bar is set high for a repeat in the future. So much is covered, from the birth of cinema to the new digital age, from Hollywood to Africa, and everything in between.

Warning: Some of the films he covers are spoiled in the process, but of the ones I hadn't seen yet I simply skipped ahead a bit. The wiki page has a list of a lot of what's covered: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sto...lm:_An_Odyssey

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Patricico Guzman's documentary reveals itself, slowly, to be a deeply sorrowful and moving film about memory and loss, specifically, but not exclusively in Chile.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I finally got around to watching The Story of Film: An Odyssey. It's a 15 hour documentary on, well, the story of film, and plays out over 15 episodes. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in the cinema, those who are highly knowledgeable and those who aren't so much - there is something to be gained for everyone.
That's going to be on TCM in September on Mondays and Tuesdays, along with some of the films it discusses.