Memorable Facial Close Up Shots

Tools    

All those years later, I bloody LOVE Martyrs. Could it have been sleeker/better written/blah-blah-blah? Sure. But something about it is profoundly horrifying.
Yeah Martyrs is disturbing but seminal for anybody who likes that kind of thing.

Yeah Martyrs is disturbing but seminal for anybody who likes that kind of thing.
Well, it’s all relative/personal imo. Yes, there are far more disturbing and accomplished things, so what? It makes me think of what’s now referred to as “whataboutism”. I do actually like that sort of thing, for the most part, but there’s a balance to strike, as ever. Besides, I like the concept and have always been partial to other genre offerings that try to explore
WARNING: spoilers below
afterlife
, eg The Veil, Flatliners, etc. So I judge Martyrs on a slightly different level (and I think it’s in many ways superior to those others). Certainly not in terms of whether or not it’s “disturbing”. To me it’s more philosophically horrifying.

You're generally OK with montage clips / educational videos as long as there is no music in them.
I suppose I could try it then. I'll probably just stick to the audio from the movies (as long as soundtracks won't cause a problem).

I suppose I could try it then. I'll probably just stick to the audio from the movies (as long as soundtracks won't cause a problem).
I just use my own music! If you need any underscore type stuff just ask.

Wow, you all just don't like actresses very much do you? Of all the face shots posted there's only been three female faces, sans the horror movie shots. Just an observation and one that I've made before here at MoFo. I do think that preference for male actors by both men and women is the reason actresses historically didn't get equally screen time compared to the men. There's some exceptions of course.

Wow, you all just don't like actresses very much do you? Of all the face shots posted there's only been three female faces, sans the horror movie shots. Just an observation and one that I've made before here at MoFo. I do think that preference for male actors by both men and women is the reason actresses historically didn't get equally screen time compared to the men. There's some exceptions of course.
Out of curiosity, which close-ups of actresses would you recommend?

Out of curiosity, which close-ups of actresses would you recommend?
The one that first popped into mind was Ingrid Bergman from Casablanca (the end scene at the airport). Though Bette Davis had a number of memorable close-up face shots. Just a few:

The Anniversary (1968)

The Letter (1940)

Of Human Bondage (1934)

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane (1962)

An American Werewolf in London
Foxy Brown
Out of the Blue 1980
The Devil's Rejects
The Scarlet Empress
Last House on the Left 1972
Almost Famous
Kurosawa's The Idiot