Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Her-Extremely original film, and a beautiful romance film about a man falling in love with a machine. The premise is so out there but this is one of the most sincere romance films I've ever seen.It's very intelligent as well, and makes us think what is relationship in the first place? Is it something physical or is it emotional? I give it a
. There are flaws, but seeing something so innovative and fresh is always a plus on my part.

Once Upon A Time In the West (1968) - well,it's good and music is great and Leone is like the old generation Tarantino who I love but the movie started to bore me towards the last hour.Have to give credit to the music,though,it was amazing.

Carrie (2013) - I absolutely don't get the point of this remake.It's not bad but it doesn't live up to the original and main characters is a miscast.I liked Julianne Moore in this,she is good at roles like that but I wouldn't say that she beats Piper Laurie.Another thing which I liked about the original is how tense it is,I remeber that it took a while to see Carrie covered in blood at the prom.As I was watching this,I was kind of prepared for the same tension but it happened too quickly.It's just not as subtle as the original one.Of course,then again,it's interesting to see a known story with different faces but it's so useless.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
There are flaws, but seeing something so innovative and fresh is always a plus on my part.
How was it innovative? This is a term thrown at Charlie Kaufman-like products that seems to think innovation means seeing something you haven't seen before narratively, which is not only typically untrue and novel (it's just the packaging, and mainstreamness) but not what innovation actually is.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
How was it innovative? This is a term thrown at Charlie Kaufman-like products that seems to think innovation means seeing something you haven't seen before narratively, which is not only typically untrue and novel (it's just the packaging, and mainstreamness) but not what innovation actually is.
How is it innovative? Granted, yes, innovative doesn't have to be simply something you haven't seen before, but if it's a narrative that you haven't seen before that you find to be well-done, unique, and setting the framework for later films like it, it is, in-fact, innovative. That is how it could be innovative, however, you found it more fitting to belittle other people's interpretation of a word than wait for an answer.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It has elements of S1m0ne and Lars and the Real Girl, but visually and emotionally it goes well beyond them.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

Rio:
Remember those ten movies that I listed and said I was going to watch, well, unfortunately, my magical little machine that somehow creates movies to watch no longer has internet, so I have been forced to resort to the movies that are on my DVR. Rio is an animated film featuring Jesse Eisenberg as the lead-role, for me, this was the only thing that made this movie worth watching. I really enjoyed Eisenberg's work in The Social Network and Now You See Me, and his humor is always entertaining, even in things like Zombie Land and Thirty Minutes or Less.

He had some humorous moments, and was probably the most consistent part of the movie with his awkwardness. I also enjoyed the villain, even if we didn't see him nearly enough, but the movie itself wasn't too great. I feel like we have already seen the story too many times to the point where it has kind-of gotten stale. Ultimately, it was Open Season (or a couple other flicks) with a new coat of paint, and while that doesn't necessarily make something terrible, it doesn't necessarily make something good. (Rio - 6.2/10.0)

Cannibal Holocaust 5.8/10

The first half of the film was really a bore but it ended with a bang. The animal killings are of course upsetting.

Probably the most well made of this sub-genre, but my favorite is still Cannibal Ferox. I think that I've now seen all of these films that I need to.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - I didn't really know what to think about this movie, and honestly, anything that I did expect wasn't what I got. The movie chronicles what George Clooney and Dan Connor were doing while Tom Joad, Ma, and Pa were trying to figure out how to live. (Ladies and gentleman, that was a Roseanne reference and a reference to The Grapes of Wrath all in one sentence. Woot!) Seriously though, it takes place during the Great Depression, but rather than be greatly depressing, the movie tries to find as much humor as possible. Which is an incredible task to accomplish when you consider the various pieces of dark subject matter like the Klu Klux Klan, amongst other things.

I always kind-of disliked George Clooney whenever I was growing up, but I never really understood why. Maybe it was because I never forgave him for Batman & Robin, but somewhere down the line, either with Ocean's Eleven, Twelve, or Gravity, I have to admit that he has my respect. One other thing that I especially enjoyed is the way that it incorporated music into the story, which granted, made it feel a lot more over-the-top, allowed it to have even more charm.

In conclusion, the movie was allover the place and honestly had me thinking "Three Stooges" at times, but I liked it quite a bit. (O Brother, Where Art Thou: 7.8/10.0)

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
^ Wonderful interpretation of Homer's epic poem, The Odyssey. I'd recommend reading that if you haven't already.

Cloudy with a chance if meatballs, 3.8/5. It's a fairly funny movie with some good characters but it goes too over the top sometimes. It can also move too fast like it's afraid to lose kid's attention, a tactic most kids movies don't use these days.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Fatal Attraction 4/5

I watched this most recently in preparation for the Top 100 Eighties list. There's something I always like about Michael Douglas and as was expected I really enjoyed Glenn Close being simultaneously alluring and psychotic. I was surprised by Anne Archer because the only other thing I had seen her in was playing Barbara on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (which is one of my favorite side roles on that show) but I thought she did a great job as well. So in conclusion the acting was great and I thought the movie did a great job at building suspense and making simple shots seem extremely ominous.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

Considering its premise, this type of film could have easily came across as implausible and fanciful, but due to its mostly impeccable writing and performances, what unfolds is a mostly human story that felt more real and unfeigned than most of the other stuff that gets forked out in American cinema. An imaginative tale with both striking photography and some interesting things to say about not just our direct connection with technology, but also our very fellow beings in - what is - a largely altering and increasingly disconnecting world. In saying that, the film was bit too mawkish for me, containing one too many heavy-handed moments. I understood its intent, but it was off-putting and damaged the flow of the film (to an extent). I would have preferred a more subdued and distant approach to its very dramatic moments.

However, it was Joaquin Phoenix who proved to be absolutely remarkable, and this performance further solidifies the fact that he is one of the best actors working today. In saying that, and sadly, if he could not win an Oscar for his role in The Master, I doubt he'll get one for this, in spite of it being very much deserving. The whole cast pretty much excelled in their roles, especially Amy Adams who gave this really... authentic and real performance. Ultimately, a very good film, but not without its flaws. To me, it's best summed up as a moderately inventive dramedy piece, with some very interesting things to say about relationships (which includes understanding yourself within them) whilst also summoning as a compelling character piece, and, despite its somewhat maladroit approach, manages to hit all the right notes and prove to be one of the more accomplished and complete works of recent times. I think a 7.5 or 8 seems applicable here.

American hustle 4/5.
Extraordinary performances, areful direction, at the service of the actors.
The reference to Scorsese is obvious, and I love Scorsese's style.

American hustle 4/5.
Extraordinary performances, areful direction, at the service of the actors.
The reference to Scorsese is obvious, and I love Scorsese's style.
There is an obvious reference to Tarantino too (trunk shot). Since the director had Pulp Fiction in his top 10 for the Sight and Sound poll, I'm pretty sure it was intentional. He's clearly a fan.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Watchmen-SPOILER ALERT!

Let's do this,acting was awesome,story good,plot twist ,didn't see it coming.I love how they showed that they are only humans with all things they done they are still humans.Why every superhero gang needs a wh*re?I mean Silk Specter II really going for 2 guys,and not giving a fu*k about 3 ones death...Dr is a bit boring i must admit ,don't tell me you didn't want to punch him.I won't hide Rorschach is my fav guy in this universe,probably because Batman is my fav hero.That death scene near the end ,well **** that,they could avoid that,I mean don't take me wrong he still died as a hero and better man than any of them,but died...Actually that is only bad thing for me in this movie,I won't count SSII as a bad thing cuz I think they wanted to make her like that.All in all good movie.

VERDICT-8.5-10

A Serbian Film 7.5/10

Most of these disturbing movies end up boring or not very good at all. This was intense, horrifying, and well made. Don't watch it with the family.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
A Serbian Film 7.5/10

Most of these disturbing movies end up boring or not very good at all. This was intense, horrifying, and well made. Don't watch it with the family.
Eh,that name of the movie is a big shame for me personally...I'm Serbian and that is ****** movie...