Movie from the 60s 70s??

Tools    

Ok… i am loosing my mind in hope trying figuring out this movie. Thinking about it since maaany years but nope! Dont recall the movie.

So my last hope is this sight that i just found.
Unfortunatelly i can only remember 1 or two scenes.

A ”feel good movie” from the 60s or 70s.
The main character is female, short hair ..blind/red haired …i think. Getting out of car/taxi, carrying a bag or flower 😅 Short dress.. perhaps yellow..
Her character is witty and joyfull.
(Googled movies with Barbara streisand, goldie hawn.. But no hit.. )
Next thing i remember is her entering her apartment. She is in her kitchen and there is a food elevator in the kitchen.

IF someone can help me i would be moore than thankfull! 🌷🌷🌷

Food elevator = dumbwaiter if people are searching

Was the dumbwaiter a part of the plot or just something she used in a scene?

Ok… i am loosing my mind in hope trying figuring out this movie. Thinking about it since maaany years but nope! Dont recall the movie.

So my last hope is this sight that i just found.
Unfortunatelly i can only remember 1 or two scenes.

A ”feel good movie” from the 60s or 70s.
The main character is female, short hair ..blind/red haired …i think. Getting out of car/taxi, carrying a bag or flower 😅 Short dress.. perhaps yellow..
Her character is witty and joyfull.
(Googled movies with Barbara streisand, goldie hawn.. But no hit.. )
Next thing i remember is her entering her apartment. She is in her kitchen and there is a food elevator in the kitchen.

IF someone can help me i would be moore than thankfull! 🌷🌷🌷
I don’t see how it’s a “feel good movie” if the main character is blind. Sounds awful.

Maybe the op meant blond?

The op said red-haired.

Yes, but they said "blind/ red haired", so I was thinking they might have meant "blond/red haired", like maybe they weren't sure which.

🤣 omg .. yes autocorrect! It should say blonde ofc! Sorry.. and not sight…. Site… 🫣🤦🏻*♀️

Thank you!

Food elevator = dumbwaiter if people are searching

Was the dumbwaiter a part of the plot or just something she used in a scene?
I think she just used it.. 🤔

Breakfast at Tiffany's is the first movie that comes to mind, but I don't think it's that one.
No but thank you for your reply! 😃
The movie i cant figure out is not an ”iconic” movie like that. Not for me at least.
But it stayed in my mind..

Nope not that one either OHForums ..Thank you!!😳🙄🙏🏼🙏🏼🌹

I need to add that i was very young so my memory about details like hair/outfit/settings can be something completely different.

Chat bot ai says -
The movie you are thinking of might be "The Apartment" from 1960, directed by Billy Wilder and starring Shirley MacLaine as the female lead, Fran Kubelik. Fran has short hair and wears a yellow dress in some scenes, and she is portrayed as a witty and joyous character. In the beginning of the movie, she gets out of a taxi carrying a basket of groceries and a potted plant. Later on, she is shown entering her apartment, which has a food elevator in the kitchen. However, Fran is not blind or red-haired, so it is possible that your memory has combined elements from different movies.

Chat bot ai says -
The movie you are thinking of might be "The Apartment" from 1960, directed by Billy Wilder and starring Shirley MacLaine as the female lead
I thought of that movie, but I could only find B&W versions. Did they colorize it?

I think it sounds like the scene in Barefoot in the Park where Corrie Bratter (Jane Fonda) arrives at her new apartment for the first time. Do you remember a moment where she kisses the key or when she sees her name on the mail slot, she takes out a magic marker and writes "Bratter Lovers" above it? She is also observed zipping up six flights of stairs to the apartment.

I'm getting a Cactus Flower (1969) vibe: Goldie Hawn's first leading role.

I think there were scenes in her apartment, although I don't remember if there was a dumbwaiter or not.