The rocket that melted the earth

Tools    

I cannot remember the name of a movie I saw mid to late 50's as a kid. It completely terrified me and it was easy to imaging a runaway rocket circling the earth melting anything below its orbit. I remember the screen filled with melting something as the rocket flew over. Movie characters were following the rockets path and dreading death by melting. I don't remember the way the movie ended. Maybe we all melted, but does anyone remember this movie or know the title? TCM has never played the movie. I've never seen it played anywhere afterwards.

I have a few baseball cards from the late 50's, only bent from bicycle spokes once, I might give away unless my Mom threw them out for not picking up my room.

Sounds like it might be The Lost Missile (1958)
The appearance of an unknown "missile-like" object in nearby space leads a European nation...to fire a rocket at it. Though the rocket intercepts the unidentified object, the explosion only diverts the missile into an orbit around the Earth. Racing five miles above the earth, tremendous heat from its rocket engine causes widespread devastation of the land below.

is it ? "When Worlds Collide" (1951) or "The Green Slime" (1968),