Who Will be Our Next President?

Tools    

That’s fine, but I’m asking for specifics.
There’s a difference between thinking something has happened and knowing something has happened. You’re doing the former, but presenting it almost as fact. It’s a little irresponsible.
We’ll see how it all shakes down on the recount.
Well, I don't want to come off that way like I'm presenting facts, I just don't believe it for a second. I think there's way too much smoke for there not to be at least some fire, and there is just too much potential for issues. And I don't think it's irresponsible because I'm not accusing anybody of anything and I'm specifically saying it could come from or benefit either side. I believe I'm going out of my way to be fair.

We’ve always had mail-ins and it wasn’t an issue. Think of all our service people around the world. Are we trying to say they can’t vote because its by mail?

Why is there no issue with how the senate votes shook out? Same ballots.
Was that mail in or absentee?

That would be fascism...And it's just how Hitler was able to take power so easily, because for the most part the power was given to him by fanatically followers.
Hitler didn't take power, he was handed it constitutionally when President Hindenburg appointed him Chancellor. And I was joking about Trump going down fighting. It would be pretty epic though...

Totally agree, and I think this election more than any other election there are bound to be errors. That doesn't mean I think it changes the outcome or anything like that.
Yeah, my theory is that elections are like major court cases: every time you study them up close they're messy. Every Netflix documentary is like "look at all the errors, what a mess!" But I'm pretty sure that messiness is just reality, we just don't have reason to look closely most of the time.

There have been a few little openings in electoral history where a modest amount of fraud could have plausibly swung the outcome, but it's pretty rare (and in those cases we pay a lot of attention to the possibility, too, so it'd be harder than usual to get away with anything).

My most important hope for this election was that we'd have margins in the tens and hundreds of thousands across multiple states so that fraud couldn't even plausibly be blamed for changing anything. Well, we got that, and people are blaming it anyway. But there's really nothing you can do if people are just going to allow themselves to believe things with no sense of responsibility to have evidence. Those people have written themselves a blank check for their beliefs, all you can do is call it out for what it is.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Was that mail in or absentee?
Good point. Why did we never have an issue with Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Utah, and Hawaii using mail-in ballots, exclusively, referred to as all mail voting?

All these things were perfectly fine for the last election. All this stuff is run on a state level and the amount of coordination needed to rig any of these results with vetted members of both parties present would make make Danny Ocean blush.

The trick is not minding
Hitler didn't take power, he was handed it constitutionally when President Hindenburg appointed him Chancellor. And I was joking about Trump going down fighting. It would be pretty epic though...
This is absolutely incorrect. Hitler was handed the position of Chancellor but it was not without misgivings.
Your statement ignored a lot of the murders against rivals and how he even took power from Hindenburg to begin with.
See the Enabling Act and the Night of Long Knives.

Good point. Why did we never have an issue with Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Utah, and Hawaii using mail-in ballots, exclusively, referred to as all mail voting?

All these things were perfectly fine for the last election. All this stuff is run on a state level and the amount of coordination needed to rig any of these results with vetted members of both parties present would make make Danny Ocean blush.
Yeah, the real thing here is that something is always different, every time. So when someone doesn't like the outcome, there's always a "WHY WAS IT DIFFERENT THIS TIME, HMMM?" to point to.

Not to go into Hitler, but at first he was legally elected Chancellor but when President Hindenburg died Hitler illegally seized full control of the government and dismantled the German democracy. Which has echoes of Trump with his jokes/threats of not leaving office...
News link
On Tuesday, twenty Republican former U.S. attorneys endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, citing that President Trump has threatened the rule of law, Reuters reported.
To my knowledge no other U.S. President has ever had so many prominent members of his own party call him dangerous to the Constitution and rule of law, and those 20 weren't the only Republicans to raise concerns.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
News link
To my knowledge no other U.S. President has ever had so many prominent members of his own party call him dangerous to the Constitution and rule of law, and those 20 weren't the only Republicans to raise concerns.
Stuff like this.*

For the record, again, I’m not sharpest knife. My father though, is a retired federal employee of the NLRB, with a political science degree. When he starts on a dissertation about the damage that was done to the multiple federal offices responsible for the well-being of all Americans. The life long federal employees, cast aside for a “just because”. Those are the things that are bothersome from this administration.

Yeah, my theory is that elections are like major court cases: every time you study them up close they're messy. Every Netflix documentary is like "look at all the errors, what a mess!" But I'm pretty sure that messiness is just reality, we just don't have reason to look closely most of the time.

There have been a few little openings in electoral history where a modest amount of fraud could have plausibly swung the outcome, but it's pretty rare (and in those cases we pay a lot of attention to the possibility, too, so it'd be harder than usual to get away with anything).

My most important hope for this election was that we'd have margins in the tens and hundreds of thousands across multiple states so that fraud couldn't even plausibly be blamed for changing anything. Well, we got that, and people are blaming it anyway. But there's really nothing you can do if people are just going to allow themselves to believe things with no sense of responsibility to have evidence. Those people have written themselves a blank check for their beliefs, all you can do is call it out for what it is.
I've heard people say things to the effect of, how do we know that 500K ballots weren't falsified and dropped off in say Pennsylvania. This is something that may be easy to do from a physical standpoint, but this type of criminal collusion, with multiple people taking enormous risks and having to trust one another, makes something like this virtually impossible to pull off I would say.

The republicans would have to uncover a multi state pattern to uncover fraud. If they found 10K ballots in Michigan from deceased people it wouldn't help them, but if they found the same thing in Wisconsin and Georgia it would be an enormous problem, even if the 10k wasn't enough to change things in each individual state. I'm sure this scenario is also highly unlikely, but it's the type of scenario they need evidence of to make real waves.

I still think the question as to whether the voting law changes were constitutional is their best hope, and I have no idea how realistic that is.

Just saw this short video that's supposedly showing evidence of voter fraud.

My initial thought is that is sounds like potential fraud, but probably fraud coming from a single civilian, and probably something that happens every election.

The trick is not minding
Are you kidding? The "consultants" on CNN and MSNBC used to yell Hitler often when Trump's name was spoken.
Yes, but Godwin’s Law is specific to the internet.

Yes, but Godwin’s Law is specific to the internet.
Touche'.

It's just not unusual, no matter where Trump is mentioned, that Leftists jump to comparisons of Hitler. (But hey, people did it to Obama and Bush to a much lesser extent as well, so there's no accounting for taste.)

All the important things in life require sacrifices.
Or, "just a thought here," you could concede the pride in your point of view, and consider she has a point, and not say something so insensitive and short-sighted. Since when were these "hard and fast" rules you've so blindly established "been" established? She's still voting isn't she? She's still following basic guidelines and legal alternatives to how one votes. She is still being a model and upstanding citizen and contributing to this democracy. She is still putting in her say for herself, her community at large, and the nation. Back off.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

"Biden's cognitive issues can no longer be ignored"

wow
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

That's not really related to the election, but I'll bite: It's very, very easy to just see clips of Biden stumbling and think "wow, he can't even talk!" But then you watch a speech from the same day, or the debates, and you see it's pretty overblown. He sure isn't smooth or quick, but you'll get two totally different impressions if you just curate your memes and your news, versus is if you seek out lots of different clips.

I'm not sure it's any better than an old man known for rambling on forever and changing the topic because he forgot what the question was about, which is what your alternative was this time.