Your 1st movie in cinema

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
This is the first film I recall seeing in theaters as a kid:

It was either a re-release of The Jungle Book or E.T.
Speaking of re-releases, I do remember seeing one that I'd be curious if anyone else has seen: Song of the South. Even as a kid, I knew something was wrong with it because I remember not liking it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I remember GOING to The Empire Strikes Back. I don't remember the movie though. The theater was brand new and I'm not even sure the windows were installed yet. It had a wall of glass that you could see the parking lot from the lobby/concession areas. I remember staff were marshalling the exit lines with flashlight cones. I thought he had a light saber and was kind of excited by that.

The other movie I remember (and I think I've posted this here, before) was E.T. kinda hated it. I curled up on the floor and fell asleep.

Our day care would take us all to the summer movies where we'd get a ticket to some older movie like Jason and the Argonauts, a box of popcorn, and a small code for like a buck.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Quite probably one of these two. Seen each of them a dozen of times in those years.

The Swedish Pippi Longstocking:

and

Alain Delon's Zorro :

Alain Delon's Zorro :

Looks like Michael J Fox in the poster.

The trick is not minding
Speaking of re-releases, I do remember seeing one that I'd be curious if anyone else has seen: Song of the South. Even as a kid, I knew something was wrong with it because I remember not liking it.
I think I saw this in the firn as a child as well. Live animation? Has a song that goes Zipee-de-doo-da or some such?

The trick is not minding
Earliest film I recall seeing in the cinema was The Empire Strikes Back. Which, I’m sure, was a re release. Earliest memories of the cinema start around 1984. Ghostbusters, A Nightmare on Elm Street (maybe, I recall the trailers for Freddy, but I may have rented it since I don’t see myself getting admittance at 7 years of age).
I might have seen Jedi in the cinema? So hard to focus on the early years. I do remember seeing Aliens, and many others from 1986 on, however.

This was shown at my elementary school when I was in say...3rd grade or so? I just remember being confused by the whole tar baby thing, the odd dialogue, and was fairly bored as it played. Sadly, I don't recall if it was shown as an example of how bad things used to be, or if that particular teacher was just dense, or maybe even a racist.

I think I saw this in the firn as a child as well. Live animation? Has a song that goes Zipee-de-doo-da or some such?
That's the one. Disney hasn't released it on video, DVD and will likely never release it on Disney+ because it glorifies slavery and since Uncle Remus is a racist caricature. If you're into podcasts, I recommend the 6-part series about how controversial the movie is on the Hollywood history podcast You Must Remember This.

This was shown at my elementary school when I was in say...3rd grade or so? I just remember being confused by the whole tar baby thing, the odd dialogue, and was fairly bored as it played. Sadly, I don't recall if it was shown as an example of how bad things used to be, or if that particular teacher was just dense, or maybe even a racist.
Hopefully not the latter!

Why'd I bring it up? Maybe it's because I still think the year 2000 was ten years ago, but the mid-'80s doesn't seem that long ago for something so offensive to be in theaters.

It seems implausible that a third grade teacher (at the time when you were in that grade) would've been trying to raise consciousness in this way. I can't recall ever seeing this one, myself.

The first one I remember was Jaws 3-D My mom must have wanted to see this really hard because she took all four of us. I'm the youngest and I must've been 5-ish. I distinctly remember missing the final shark explosion and its "big" 3-D effect because I looked away to tell her something If she took me to any other movie before that, I don't remember, but this one left an impression

It seems implausible that a third grade teacher (at the time when you were in that grade) would've been trying to raise consciousness in this way. I can't recall ever seeing this one, myself.
I thought about it a bit more, and it was actually my 4th grade teacher, Mr. Hawkins. He also had us sing Zip a dee Do Da afterward. And yes, I also doubt he was trying to raise awareness, and i don't recall him talking about it aside from learning and singing the song.

I think it was Toy Story or The Lion King.

I always remember “The Usual Suspects” poster as my earliest cinema memory, it seemed to be there forever every time I went, idk.