MovieFan's Favorite Video Games

Tools    

Introduction

I've decided to make a non movie thread about my favorite video games that I have played throughout the years of gaming. I’ll be numbering each entry to just keep up on how many video games I have added so far, so there is no ranking.

Remember this list is not about the best video games that the whole world loves, it’s about video games that I have enjoyed playing over the years of gaming. So, sit back and enjoy checking out this thread.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

#1. Grand Theft Auto 3
Release Date: October 21 2001
Publisher: Rockstar Games

I like how this game delivers you a dark and grimy look when playing the storyline and exploring the islands of Liberty City which is based off of NYC. The missions are fair in this one, there's a few that can be a pain but all you got to do is take your time, you'll complete the hard ones eventually.

Make sure you complete all the collectibles and side missions on the first island (Portland) before doing the main story missions. As you progress through the story, the whole map starts to become a warzone since gangs start to turn on you, making it a pain in the ass to venture in some parts of the map especially Portland.

#2. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Release Date: October 29 2002

A fun GTA game to play as it takes you back to the 80’s and one of the best soundtracks in the whole series of GTA imo. I say the missions were more fun in this one than in GTA3, you don't have to worry about enemy gangs that much.

Tommy Vercetti is one of my favorite characters in the GTA series, even though he got some silly cons like he can’t swim. Like damn he wants to act all tough and wants to takeover vice city but yet can’t swim for shit, sheesh.

#3. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Release Date: October 26 2004

This game is a great classic and I had one hell of a time playing it. The story was good, a bit too long but it’s fine. Some of the missions in the game can be fun to play and some can be tedious but it's like that for all GTA games to make it challenging of course.

There are three locations you can explore, Los Santos (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) which is cool and there’s a lot of fun, it makes you want to play the game for hours.

#4. Grand Theft Auto 4
Release Date: April 29 2008

I like the storyline and atmosphere in this game, it gives you that feeling that you’re in NYC. The map itself is big enough to explore all the nice stuff in this game. The missions in this game are fun to play, some can be challenging and frustrating but refreshing when you finally beat the hard mission.

The online part when it first came out was a blast to play with other players but sadly the free roam servers are dead most of the time now. It's still playable unless you run into modders that might ruin your gaming experience.

#5. Grand Theft Auto 5
Release Date: September 17 2013

I like how you can play three characters (Michael, Franklin and Trevor) in this one and the storyline wasn’t that bad. The whole recapture of San Andreas looks beautiful, it’s almost like your there in Los Angeles and other areas around the city. The missions are good, I like how there is heist missions it brings something different to the GTA series.

The online part of GTA is fine if you want to play missions with friends but playing free mode can turn into a toxic warzone most of the time if you don’t want random players killing you for no apparent reason.

Honorable Mentions

I've played GTA 2 on PS1, my least favorite in the series, the helicopter view was tedious in this game. I can't wait until GTA 6 to come out, hopefully it's good

#6. The Sims: Bustin Out
Release Date: December 16 2003
Publisher: EA Games

I love playing the sims and it’s an entertaining game to play. The sims has that real world feel to it with some silly stuff along the way.

You can make your sims succeed in life or make their lives a living hell. It may look cruel when you try to kill them, but it's funny at the same time especially doing it to the mean sims.

#7. The Sims 3
Release Date: June 2 2009
Publisher: EA Games

Another sims game to enjoy with a big open world that you can explore and also in this game they have karma powers to torment other sims. I like putting a firestorm on another household filled with sims to see if they survive it or not to make things interesting.

There are other things I like doing other than being cruel to these sims, it’s always fun to see your sim progress in their sim life, learning skills like cooking and other things. Having a career job and making a lot of money and also buying a mansion booting out who ever lives there.

Honorable Mentions

The Sims 4 was okay, there's no opened world which sucks. It makes the game boring without it, imo.

#8. Saints Row 2
Release Date: October 14 2008
Publisher: Volition

This game is like GTA but is more focused on having fun and causing chaos in the city unlike in GTA they are more focused on the realism approach.

I like how you can play as a male or female, which of course I pick the female to change things up because in most video games you play as male only. Also the game map is big with a lot of exciting things to do and endless fun.

#9. Saints Row The Third
Release Date: November 15 2011
Publisher: Volition

My favorite game in the saints row series and there’s a lot of crazy wackiness going on in this one. A New map with loads of endless fun and kicking some ass on the streets of steelport, I’ll even put caps into my own gang members if I feel like it, zero fks given.

Honorable Mention

[b]Saints Row 4 was okay, a bit of a mess with the whole alien invasion thing. Saints Row (2022) is decent, it could of been better. I have not played Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell /B]