Handheld telescope with crystal to adjust magnification

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Hi all you wonderful MoFos

I have a memory of a particular scene. I don't know if its from a series or a movie and i dont know when it was made or when it was set.

The scene is someone pulling out a handheld telescope and using a crystal within it to adjust the magnification.

Thats all i can remember. I'm very sure I'm going to kick myself when one of you says "oh thats xyz".
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

In Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Morgan Freeman's character puts together a telescope. The glass could be construed as a crystal.

I tried to put in the link to YT that shows this scene. The wrong one shows up after I save my post.

In Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Morgan Freeman's character puts together a telescope. The glass could be construed as a crystal.

I tried to put in the link to YT that shows this scene. The wrong one shows up after I save my post.
Hey thanks but its not RH. I thought of that before i put up my post, but tbf i should have stated that i already ruled it out. My bad. Thanks for your suggestion tho. I think it was literally a shard of crystal that the person puts into the telescope and by rotating it adjusts the magnification.

Got this from using chatbot -

In the movie "Treasure Planet" (2002), the protagonist Jim Hawkins uses a handheld telescope that has a crystal to adjust the magnification.

In the TV series "Doctor Who", there is an episode called "The Shakespeare Code" (2007) where the Doctor pulls out a handheld telescope and adjusts the magnification with a crystal.

In the movie "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" (2001), there is a character named Milo who uses a crystal-powered telescope to explore the lost city of Atlantis.

Got this from using chatbot -

In the movie "Treasure Planet" (2002), the protagonist Jim Hawkins uses a handheld telescope that has a crystal to adjust the magnification.

In the TV series "Doctor Who", there is an episode called "The Shakespeare Code" (2007) where the Doctor pulls out a handheld telescope and adjusts the magnification with a crystal.

In the movie "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" (2001), there is a character named Milo who uses a crystal-powered telescope to explore the lost city of Atlantis.
Hi, thanks for your suggestions. I've had a look at them and unfortunately none of them match. I'm pretty sure it was live action and for some reason i think a desert is involved.

Definitely not handheld, but Neverending Story

No its not that OHF, but thanks for your suggestion. Ive actually taken a lot of time Googling and getting names for any TV show or movies and going through them and found out that the the scene I was thinking of was in The Scorpion King where The Rock has kidnapped the girl and has spotted the kings soldiers over the desert and pulls out his telescope and adjusts it using a crystal.