Cars and your gender

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
In the tradition of our recent threads exploring gender issues....

My brother has just bought a Suzuki swift. I’ve held my tongue and will continue to hold it to his face. But I won’t hold my tongue here as I’m anonymous and he’s not a user. The car is, in my opinion, very feminine. Why? I generally think a lot of the smaller hatchbacks are. Why? Well I see a lot of women driving them...maybe the advertisements feature women...why else...I don’t know it’s a gut feeling.

Now do I feel the need to have a loud big muscle car to feel masculine due to some personal deficit....who knows lol. I don’t have that kind of car.... and I appreciate that a car to some is really getting from a to b. But! A Suzuki swift! You can get a small sedan. Like a Toyota Corolla sedan.

Strengths to him if he really doesn’t care but I don’t think that’s the case. I think he’ll regret his choice...again I won’t say a thing.

Do people feel this way about cars? Do they have a gender? How reflective are they of our identity?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think cars are different things to different people, Larry. May I call you Larry, darling? I feel sure we knew each other at imdb. Is that a possibility, Larry?

I get what you mean, though. I see a lot of women in the bSwifts. I think they're attracted to a lot of power in a tiny package, much like the women who are attracted to the trumps and weinstein of the worlds. ;I mean how do those two women wake up to those... To those..

Well Harvey's wife doesn't wake up anywhere near the guy these days, and I feel pretty sure Melania has her own penthouse to wake to. She probably has the cabana boy locked in her walk in wardrobe. I, however, digress as usual. Pardon me.

For me I'm not so into cars. They're just an oversized shopping g trolley. The first thing I was asked when buying a car was 'What colour t would you like. Jaysus. I'm a womsn
So I get asked if I want,a pink freaking broom, meanwle Mr D gets asked for specs.i couldn't give an owls army two hoots about colour. Don't need to bother
Y silly head about such silly thing. Jud

long as it's not pink. A havesin chronic back pain in my backe. Of course it's in my Bach if it's chronic back pain. Derpez moi! Digressing again so...

My requirements are
wonderfully easy it is to apply mak
Everything to do with comfort, not how d it is to

I shall post now and edit later. My phone told me I'm. A moron. BRB when I stop behaving like one.

if you are the Larry from imdb I'm thinking of Mwah.

Lol no that’s not me haha. This was and is my only movie outlet.

As for your question...(may you call me Larry) seeing as my username is Larry...the answer is of course no. Please call me no.801.

Lol. Damn. I thought you were a buddy of mine that I invited here but lost contact with when the place closed down. He was good value and we argued like cats and dogshhh but always trregrouped

But we always regrouped for the next thread. My kinda Cyberpal - never took offense at differences of POV. As it should be.

Oh great we have a suv driver here...lol just joking. See...depending on the colour that’s a gender neutral car imo. I’d drive one...but a small hatchback I couldn’t.

My brother has just bought a Suzuki swift. I’ve held my tongue and will continue to hold it to his face. But I won’t hold my tongue here as I’m anonymous and he’s not a user. The car is, in my opinion, very feminine. Why? I generally think a lot of the smaller hatchbacks are. Why? Well I see a lot of women driving them...maybe the advertisements feature women...why else...I don’t know it’s a gut feeling.

Now do I feel the need to have a loud big muscle car to feel masculine due to some personal deficit....who knows lol. I don’t have that kind of car.... and I appreciate that a car to some is really getting from a to b. But! A Suzuki swift! You can get a small sedan. Like a Toyota Corolla sedan.

Strengths to him if he really doesn’t care but I don’t think that’s the case. I think he’ll regret his choice...again I won’t say a thing.

Do people feel this way about cars? Do they have a gender? How reflective are they of our identity?
Larry dear Larry, you are yet to explain how your brother's car impacts on your day any more than the color of my car does. Why is this so? Are you afraid he will ask you to drive to the corner store in his car and embarrass you in front of your neighbours🐼🐾

Larry dear Larry, you are yet to explain how your brother's car impacts on your day any more than the color of my car does. Why is this so? Are you afraid he will ask you to drive to the corner store in his car and embarrass you in front of your neighbours🐼🐾
Haha please my name is no.801. I’m more upset that he bypassed asking me for help choosing a car and feel like he’s been pressured by his girlfriend to buy a car she wants when she last minute pulled out of a plan they had where they would share ownership and pay half. I had to speak to him about managing money, something he doesn’t seem to do well and was able to help him in that regard so he had enough to buy a car but he’s gone and bought a car which I think is a bit girly and I believe he was pressured by her. As he gets easily manipulated.

Now I appreciate you could turn this around and say..well of course he didnt want your help because you would have been judgemental regarding his car choice. Well...if he said to me with confidence and certainty that this was the type of car that he wanted I wouldn’t have a problem...just that’s not the way I see the situation. Plus I can’t stand his girlfriend.

I guess I’m just complaining about him more than anything. He moved out 2 weeks ago after living together for 5 plus years which was a relief but I’m also sad about it....surprisingly.

Kind regards,

Number 801

Hey now you're speaking my lingo, muchacho. I totally get that one and the only teensy thing I could complain about is 'girly' and same thing as you, I don't know why but feels good to say "hey I have an issue" and know that amongst friends that won't turn into a time waster and energy vacuum. Thank you, Larry. I've always enjoyed your posts. My baby bro calls me girly and it's sweet so just by talking to you I let that one go. And it looks like you've released some stuff just by having a vent and throwing it out there as well.

What a beautiful day.

OH by the way, my friend, my car is silver. Tell me what you think that says about me. And don't forget Mr. D. His car is also silver. We like to color Co ordinate shush now. I know that's cheesy but our cars make us happy.

My Ole papa used to say his yellow chariot was the safest and you know what, I've been looking out side eye for years to check it out but I just have not seen bright yellow. For that very reason I want one now. Why is it so. Such a happy color yet here in Aus the last few years it seems you can only get institutional white, Rev Rev Rev-head red, or stately silver. Who comes up with these color schemes.

I thought it thru with a cuppatea and a biccie, mand you're right, the swift, any color, is girly! If that offends anyone, OK.

Let us carry on, Larry.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Don't get me started about Suzuki ****ing swifts. I've taken to personally calling them Suzuki Old ****s! Several times a week I get stuck behind some dribbling fossil doing considerably less than the speed limit.

It's the irony of it all, they are literally named "swift" but are driven so slowly. It's almost too much to bear.

Yea if your brother has bought a *********** Suzuki swift then he is a twat.

Oh great we have a suv driver here...lol just joking. See...depending on the colour that’s a gender neutral car imo. I’d drive one...but a small hatchback I couldn’t.
It's silver, which I really like. When the wife and I went shopping for the suv, I refused to buy a white, black or red vehicle. I drove the salesman nutty as everytime he would show us something I wouldn't like the color. I didn't want anything to flashy, I like more sedate colors.

It's silver, which I really like. When the wife and I went shopping for the suv, I refused to buy a white, black or red vehicle. I drove the salesman nutty as everytime he would show us something I wouldn't like the color. I didn't want anything to flashy, I like more sedate colors.
Yea that’s cool. I mean if it was bright pink then I could say it’s a bit feminine..obviously it’s not. I too wouldn’t have a problem with someone..anyone driving a bright pink car but I’d still consider it feminine just like I consider those mini hatchbacks feminine,

Don't get me started about Suzuki ****ing swifts. I've taken to personally calling them Suzuki Old ****s! Several times a week I get stuck behind some dribbling fossil doing considerably less than the speed limit.

It's the irony of it all, they are literally named "swift" but are driven so slowly. It's almost too much to bear.

Haha....he may regret it. He had a choice of any car...well within a budget...this is also his first car and he got that...ffs.

LMAO. I must be one of those dribbling old ****s who drives below the speed limit. What a twat. I'm bald as well. Next I will move to the UK with my bald brother and put a fish sticker on my car. *vroom vroom.

Top o' TE mornin to all of yer

Tallyho