What's Your Sign Baby?

Tools    

I am an aquarius- but I don't really go for that type of stuff, I read it once in a while but just for fun. This thread reminds me of the debate t-shirt for last year. It had a picture of a baby, with 'Meet Leet' on it, then at the bottom it went, 'Leet is a pisces.Are you?' and then on the back it was 'Debate: Make New Friends'. I wonder if anybody took us seriously...
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

wooohooo aeries..go my little goat loooking thing!

Didn't see it.
This reminds me of a funny story. For some reason my sister decided to get married in Vegas. We all went out there.

One of my father's business associates at the time decided to show up with his wife at one of the parties. She supposedly was a Christian and a psychiatrist. For some reason she had undergone cosmetic surgery multiple times, including having lips done so that they looked like they had lipstick on. She also had her eyebrows done so that basically they were a tattoo, I guess. My mom said that her doctor had finally told her he wouldn't do any more surgeries. Anyhow, I thought it was odd that a Christian psychiatrist had such a poor self-image that she had surgeries until the point where she looked like the mother in the movie "Brazil."

At some point, she started asking me what my sign and my fiance's sign were. I politely said I didn't know. Then she said, "Well, what are your birth dates?" I again quietly said, "We're really not into that." She persisted, and I again politely said, "We're really not interested in astrology." She then insisted that I tell her our birthdates to which I replied, "WE BELIEVE ASTROLOGY IS AN ABOMINATION TO GOD!"

Needless to say, the table got quiet and we moved on to other topics.

There's nothing like a Christian psychiatrist that is addicted to plastic surgery and enamored with astrology.

Originally Posted by jamesglewisf
This reminds me of a funny story. For some reason my sister decided to get married in Vegas. We all went out there.

One of my father's business associates at the time decided to show up with his wife at one of the parties. She supposedly was a Christian and a psychiatrist. For some reason she had undergone cosmetic surgery multiple times, including having lips done so that they looked like they had lipstick on. She also had her eyebrows done so that basically they were a tattoo, I guess. My mom said that her doctor had finally told her he wouldn't do any more surgeries. Anyhow, I thought it was odd that a Christian psychiatrist had such a poor self-image that she had surgeries until the point where she looked like the mother in the movie "Brazil."

At some point, she started asking me what my sign and my fiance's sign were. I politely said I didn't know. Then she said, "Well, what are your birth dates?" I again quietly said, "We're really not into that." She persisted, and I again politely said, "We're really not interested in astrology." She then insisted that I tell her our birthdates to which I replied, "WE BELIEVE ASTROLOGY IS AN ABOMINATION TO GOD!"

Needless to say, the table got quiet and we moved on to other topics.

There's nothing like a Christian psychiatrist that is addicted to plastic surgery and enamored with astrology.

Originally Posted by jamesglewisf

Since the lip and eyebrow tattooing would not have required a surgeons skill, I am assuming she also had had plastic surgery of some type… Do you know if the surgery and follow-up tattooing could have possibly been done in an attempt to correct some type of deformity/disfigurement?

I ask because I read an article (think it was in the New England Journal of Medicine) about people who had to have reconstructive surgery on their faces after automobile accidents… one woman had her lip color tattooed on because they basically had to fill in pieces that were missing and the tattooing evened the color out and camouflaged the scars… another had suffered severe burns to the upper portion on her face that required rather extensive skin graphs. She had to wear a special hairpiece to fill in the front section of her hair and have her eyebrows tattooed on because she didn’t have any…

As far as a poor self image, society can be very mean spirited when it comes to someone looking a bit out of what is the accepted norm… Christians included.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Didn't see it.
It was all cosmetic, nothing reconstructive. My mom had known her for years before the surgeries and said she was a pretty woman back then, so it wasn't societal pressure. It was pure vanity. She didn't need to correct any deformity or disfigurement, and she didn't look unusual until after the surgeries.

The plastic surgery was multiple times: nose, chin, face lift, etc. That's what I was talking about her having so many surgeries that her face looked like the woman from Brazil.