Missing MoFos

Tools    

Didn't see it.
I can never figure out why people just disappear completely from boards. I understand getting busy, but I would think you would stop by occassionally to say hello.

Oh. BTW, this is my occassional stop by to say hello.

Originally Posted by jamesglewisf
Oh. BTW, this is my occassional stop by to say hello.
I have missed your sensible, interesting, great, posts, stay around for a while.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Loner
I think I understand why he doesn't post much.
Why is that?

I have indeed been busy, and it's been a crazy kind of busy-ness. Some of you know this already via a hastily written PM, but some don't, so... Troy and I are separated, and we're planning to divorce. I've been on my own for a month now--well, the kind of "on my own" where I live with a roommate--and we're all just trying to adjust to the changes, Selena included (but she's doing very well, to my intense relief).

And now I'm trying to figure out how to make a life for myself after leaving the man I'd been in love with since I was 16. And adjusting to being a part-time single parent. And learning how to be happy with--and getting to know--me as just me, not me as Mary-and-Troy me. It's sad and scary and exciting and good, all at the same time.

So. That's what I've been doing with myself this year. (I'd put a Smilie up, but there is no Smilie that accurately depicts my wry mental tone, so I'll just leave it go.)

And I missed MoFo and all y'all, too. Christ, I'm sorry to hear about Jason. I'm also more than a little worried about his situation with his guy, from the way it sounds in that post--and is eerily familiar, which is both sad and creepy--but from the sound of it, I'm not the only one.

Wow. I didn't even remotely see that coming. Sorry to hear it, Mary. Speaking from experience, if this had to happen, better for it to happen when Selena's a bit younger. There's a certain age (early to pre-teen, I'd say) where a divorce can be exponenatially more harmful.

It was good of you to update us all, though.

My life isn't written very well.
I don't know if I'm sorry to hear about your situation, or glad that you can now truly get to know the real you. You know, the person you are inside, capable of making decisions on your own, able to observe how much strength you really have, how special you are, and understand where your strength comes from. Perhaps fear has stopped you from doing certain things in the past, but now it's pushed you forward. Yes, sad to hear of your situation, but I'm confident that a strong, caring person like yourself won't let fear obstruct your judgment anymore--well, maybe not for as long. I could be speaking of things I know nothing about, but it is sure nice to see you back Mary! Please come around more often....

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by Yoda
Wow. I didn't even remotely see that coming. Sorry to hear it, Mary. Speaking from experience, if this had to happen, better for it to happen when Selena's a bit younger. There's a certain age (early to pre-teen, I'd say) where a divorce can be exponenatially more harmful.
Yeah, it was a shock for pretty much everyone we knew. Troy and I had been dealing with it, just the two of us, since January, but we'd managed to keep it from becoming public knowledge. Which was incredible, considering how miserable we both were.

But that is a long damn story that I'm not going to post in a thread. Things are better now, for both of us, even if they aren't perfect as of yet. And the right decision has been made. I'm confident of that.

And I agree with you on the age thing. It's harder to believe that you had nothing to do with the situation when you're older, I think--partly because, when you're a teenager, you're pretty sure everything revolved around you. But Troy and I have both been vigilant about making sure Selena knows a) she is loved, and b) we will always be there for her. It helps that we're still friends, as much as we can be--although that's messy, too.

Yes, sad to hear of your situation, but I'm confident that a strong, caring person like yourself won't let fear obstruct your judgment anymore--well, maybe not for as long. I could be speaking of things I know nothing about, but it is sure nice to see you back Mary!
Thanks, Tim. And, you know, that's kind of it. It hurt so bad when I realized that we couldn't make it work, and when I realized my first love was over, but I couldn't be who I was with him--because who I was made him unhappy, and I wanted him to be happy, so I did all the compromising. But--and I'm done (mostly) feeling guilty about this--now I'm starting to be happy again, in a whole different way.

Cripes, I'm sorry. I've talked about this so much, with so many people, over the past month or two, that I immediately go into "ramble-mode" whenever I talk about it. Yes, it's hard, and painful. But it's going to be good for all three of us, ultimately. So I'm going to stop blabbing about it.

Please come around more often....
That's the plan, Stan.

Hello Mary Loquacious- I do not belive we have met but I am glad you shall be popping in a bit more often because you seem (did I say seem? this may seem a bit forward- but you ARE) a nice person. Sorry your going through a rough time, but like all rough times the best times always come right after the worst even if it seems like the sun isn't shining that's just because it's night time and a new day will come. Hope you have many happy ones to come (today included)!
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
That's the plan, Stan.
I hope things get better for ya soon. and I'm glad you're back.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Monkeyman. It's good to see you're still hanging 'round these parts.

And thanks to you for the kind words, allthatglitters.

Sorry to hear about all the stuff you've been dealing with MaryLo… Sounds like you're embarking on a new phase in your life though… so enjoy the journey… I'm glad you're back…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

there's a frog in my snake oil
Ahhh, good to have you back Mary-Lo!

Glad you're finding your way down a new path, and that things have turned out with more rightness than wrath.

(Erm, i think you have to say that in a northern english accent for it to rhyme, but we can lambast each other's linguistical loquacioury later yeah? There'll be time )

And I missed MoFo and all y'all, too.
Mary Lo, Darling, I have been away for 3 days and you have returned, I was so excited when I saw a post from you. I know what it can be like when your marriage breaks up with your first love, it is hard, don't feel bad about raving on about it, it helps, then one day you don't need to anymore.

So nice to have you back

I am having a nervous breakdance
MaryLo, I am happy you're back. Really, really happy. I missed you a lot around here and I've wondered where you went. And I am very sorry to hear about the rough changes in your life that you've had to go through. But it sounds like you are coming out on the other side of the tunnel with a straight back and a lot of confidence in yourself. Good luck with everything and for the love of god STAY WITH US FROM NOW ON!!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Put me in your pocket...
But Troy and I have both been vigilant about making sure Selena knows a) she is loved, and b) we will always be there for her. It helps that we're still friends, as much as we can be--although that's messy, too.
You're a good mom MaryLo. Selena is a lucky little girl to have two parents who are more concerned about her than any bitterness that's between them. Good Luck to you with your new life...and I hope you will find much happiness to replace any hurt you still might feel.

And...welcome back.

You guys... thanks. It means a lot to know you all care. And hugs to Piddy, Nebs, and Annie--I missed you guys a helluva lot. O' course, that extends to everyone else, too--and you know who you are. My MoFo family. I love you all.

And good news came to me today! One of the papers I freelance for has hired me on as assistant editor, so I will be makin' mo' money, mo' money, mo' money. Which I desperately need. I am no longer a piddling freelancer, waiting for weeks to get checks in--I am now, as they say, gainfully employed, and reliably so. Huzzah!

I am having a nervous breakdance
And good news came to me today! One of the papers I freelance for has hired me on as assistant editor, so I will be makin' mo' money, mo' money, mo' money. Which I desperately need.
See! Congrats!

I am no longer a piddling freelancer
Hmm... sounds like a job for me.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Hmm... sounds like a job for me.

I knew you pick up on that.

It's a bird... It's a plane... It's Piddling Freelance Man! Able to write human interest stories faster than a salaried (and therefore lazy) reporter, able to overcome tight deadlines with an hour to spare...

And let's not forget his most important super power: Able to complain to his editor about getting paid every damn day for weeks until he finally gets his check in the mail.

My life isn't written very well.
...able to cut down a bad writers story to it's byline!