90s drama /comedy about suicide.

Tools    

Looking for a movie that came out maybe mid 90s. Can't remember that many details. There is a girl(in high-school or college) that's locked herself in her room and she's gonna commit suicide with a shotgun. I believe her door is rigged to the shotgun maybe with a big pot of flowers. The flowers could have been outside her bathroom window as someone tries to get in that way I think or strung up on a wire tied to the gun. I think there's flashbacks that tell the events that led to that point. Her mom and dad and maybe more family try to reason with her through the door.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Looking for a movie that came out maybe mid 90s. Can't remember that many details. There is a girl(in high-school or college) that's locked herself in her room and she's gonna commit suicide with a shotgun. I believe her door is rigged to the shotgun maybe with a big pot of flowers. The flowers could have been outside her bathroom window as someone tries to get in that way I think or strung up on a wire tied to the gun. I think there's flashbacks that tell the events that led to that point. Her mom and dad and maybe more family try to reason with her through the door.
I'm sure this isn't your movie, but aside from the shotgun description, a lot of that reminds me of Girl Interrupted.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Thanks for the guess guys but positive it's not Girl Interrupted, The Virgin Suicides or Wristcutters. All good movies though. It might not have been a Drama except for the suicide aspect but more a light hearted dark comedy maybe but definitely saw it in mid to early nineties. She might have been in a drama club or theater at school. Maybe that's where I'm getting this drama thing. But I remember her dad trying to console her and get her to open the door and maybe some other family and friends talking through the door and I think her brother or someone trying to go through the bathroom window or an outside window that leads to her room. When she's talking back to her family explaining everything I believe it shows flashbacks. There might even be fourth wall breaks with flashbacks not sure about that though. I wouldn't say the family was super wealthy maybe upper class or upper middle. I believe it was a nice house and something about flowers either a pot/hanging planter for the shotgun rig or like a bunch of flowers outside her second story bathroom window. I think the window in there was long and skinny. Hope this helps. I'm fairly certain I'm not mixing up movies and it wasn't a TV show as I don't watch alot of TV shows and until recently had over 6000 VHS movies in my video library all 80s and 90s and can recall them all by heart. Plus literally grew up in video stores my mom worked at when I was a kid and I worked at a couple stores myself in my teens. Still sometimes an image or scene pops into my head and the quest begins.

Found it! It was Samantha 1991 with Martha Plimpton. I had most of the scenes right but not a brunette. I kept picturing Machden Amick?