Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

⬆️ I know I’ve seen this, but can’t remember a single scene. Who other than Sheen could play Blair?

⬆️ I know I’ve seen this, but can’t remember a single scene. Who other than Sheen could play Blair?
It’s very good, but The Deal (2003) is better-known and even better. I so love all of them. And agreed, Sheen is a better Blair than Blair. The Deal has a scene where he comes into the office he would share with Brown and says, “I’m Tony!” with psychopathic positivity. One of my favourite scenes ever.

Watched some rubbish about murdered models, conveniently entitled “Kidnapped Model”, so need a palate cleanser.

The red is absolutely divine. This might be my new favourite still.

@Agrippina X, love Cries & Whispers. Only a few Bergman movies I don’t like.

Have you seen Certain Women above? Such a good movie.

@Agrippina X, love Cries & Whispers. Only a few Bergman movies I don’t like.

Have you seen Certain Women above? Such a good movie.
I love most of Bergman too. My most consistent favourite is Persona. I haven’t seen the above yet, but immediately noticed a new Laura Dern film once it was posted here and added to watch list. Good to know it comes recommended.

I love most of Bergman too. My most consistent favourite is Persona. I haven’t seen the above yet, but immediately noticed a new Laura Dern film once it was posted here and added to watch list. Good to know it comes recommended.
Persona is totally my fave though my first intro to Bergman was Wild Strawberries, which I loved.

NY Times just excoriated House of Gucci. Not in a mean way, some of it made me laugh, and I will still watch it. I kinda thought the movie would be OTT. Pacino & Irons as brothers, how can that be?

Persona is totally my fave though my first intro to Bergman was Wild Strawberries, which I loved.

NY Times just excoriated House of Gucci. Not in a mean way, some of it made me laugh, and I will still watch it. I kinda thought the movie would be OTT. Pacino & Irons as brothers, how can that be?
Ha, oh shame! But then I’m also meant to be seeing it tomorrow and might not make it time-wise, now my mind is much more at peace. Very good point re: Pacino and Irons, the mind boggles. My favourite criticism of Hereditary, which I love, was that Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne inexplicably end up with a Middle Eastern-looking child.

I need to rewatch Wild Strawberries.

Ha, oh shame! But then I’m also meant to be seeing it tomorrow and might not make it time-wise, now my mind is much more at peace. Very good point re: Pacino and Irons, the mind boggles. My favourite criticism of Hereditary, which I love, was that Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne inexplicably end up with a Middle Eastern-looking child.
While I've never mentioned that before (believe it or not, there are aspects of Hermehditary I still haven't criticized), I did notice it anyway, and bringing that up is a fair point; in fact, that inconsistency can taken as another indication of Ari Aster's messy, maybe even... "sloppy" approach when it came to making that movie, let's say?

LOL.

I thought this movie was far more enjoyable than it had any right to be.
Yes, it was, there is something to it. It’s memorable. But not quite my cup of tea. Also as a general note, I’m longing to see a film where such a nice suburban mummy actually
WARNING: spoilers below
takes the drug dealer’s money and does have sex with him, whether out of fear or by choice (preferably choice). That would be original in terms of human psychology: she seemed all sweet and then she did that.
A bit like Gallo’s Buffalo 66. My only tiny criticism of the actual film would be that it wasn’t at all grounded why
WARNING: spoilers below
randomly started saying “Tito” or whatever the name was. I mean, yes, children can be a bit random. But it’s kind of very on the nose after she says not to say it. Could have achieved the same effect if they just started walking around saying “there’s a man in our house with lots of white powder!”