What should the next Mofo Top 100 Countdown be?

Tools    

What should the next Countdown be?
31.82%
14 votes
All Time Top 100
27.27%
12 votes
2000s
15.91%
7 votes
2010s
2.27%
1 votes
Action
2.27%
1 votes
Black & White Films
2.27%
1 votes
Comedy
0%
0 votes
Fantasy
4.55%
2 votes
Foreign Lanuage
0%
0 votes
Musicals
6.82%
3 votes
Noir
4.55%
2 votes
War
2.27%
1 votes
Other
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I still vote for a proper 2000-2009 list to replace/update the Millennium list, then sometime afterwards a 2010-2019 list.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Top Obscure Films
Top Controversial Movies
Way too subjective to ever make proper site-wide Top 100s from those. By what criteria is something obscure or controversial? How would seventy or more of us ever agree on what was even eligible?

Top Canadian movies
If you think a Top 100 can be made from this, good on ya. I love some Canadian films and filmmakers but way too narrow, eh?

Way too subjective to ever make proper site-wide Top 100s from those. By what criteria is something obscure or controversial? How would seventy or more of us ever agree on what was even eligible?

If you think a Top 100 can be made from this, good on ya. I love some Canadian films and filmmakers but way too narrow, eh?
I think it could be done. We could set or agree upon a criteria, ie. for obscure, only films with under 1000 votes (or whatever number we set) on imdb would be eligible. For controversial films, any film that was banned, picketed, protested, etc. would be eligible. Canada is awesome and there are enough worthy Canadian films to build a top 100.

I still vote for a proper 2000-2009 list to replace/update the Millennium list, then sometime afterwards a 2010-2019 list.
Yeah let's just do this. It makes sense.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Canada is awesome and there are enough worthy Canadian films to build a top 100.
As a lifelong Canadian I agree it's (mostly) awesome but our top 100 will have a lot of NFB animated shorts!

The trick is not minding
Ideally we’d follow up with a decade. Either the aughts or 2010-2019. I’m fine with either, and my vote will reflect that.

This would also set up fertile ground for future HOF for both decades.

Everyone seems to want or at least be OK with 2000s decade for the next countdown...

So the big question is who's willing to host it? All we need is a committed person who will see it through to the end. Any takers? Don't be shy, it's fun (OK it's a lot of work too!)

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Top Canadian movies
The clear winner is Strange Brew...

... it's a beauty way to go! Max von Sydow stars eh!