MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

Tom Cruise actually making a movie in my hometown. Wowser. Surely a first for Birmingham.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...irmingham.html
How very tacky of my hometown that Tom’s car was stolen outside his hotel (and it’s a fancy hotel) & all his belongings in the car are gone too. Not to mention all his security detail didn’t prevent this. Apparently car thieves can work around the car fob now.

Only discovered last week that there is a hashtag symbol on the lower right of my Twitter keyboard next to the @ symbol.

I noticed for the first time today that Family Dollar has an aisle solely devoted to Christmas stuff. Even though it’s only October 8.

Best sight all week: a guy rollerblading to work with his little dog in his backpack. Amazing!

Scary last night when I accidentally locked myself out of Twitter. (Wasn’t paying attention & somehow it didn’t read my thumbprint for my password.) Horrible scenario then of finding my password, getting a phone link from them & still not be able to log in. Multiple attempts & then they locked me out.

Finally dawned on me not to use the app, but enter through Twitter.com. This worked & I then deleted the Twitter app & got a new Twitter app later.

Horrible how dependent we are on our websites.

Scary last night when I accidentally locked myself out of Twitter. (Wasn’t paying attention & somehow it didn’t read my thumbprint for my password.) Horrible scenario then of finding my password, getting a phone link from them & still not be able to log in. Multiple attempts & then they locked me out.

Finally dawned on me not to use the app, but enter through Twitter.com. This worked & I then deleted the Twitter app & got a new Twitter app later.

Horrible how dependent we are on our websites.
I find this so depressing.

Last year I put the gut of our pumpkins into our compost bin, thought I had gotten all the seeds out but I guess not. Lo and behold this year we had a pumpkin patch! Well, not really a patch as this was the only pumpkin that grew, but man, one thing I know for sure is that I'm never gonna try to plant pumpkins. They take over your yard.

Thanks! Probably looks so good because I had nothing to do with it. When I saw what was happening I just let it go. We had a bunch of flowers and two pumpkins growing but one fizzled out when it was kind of small. This one grew perfect because it was outside the bin and was resting on a small brush pile. No obstructions. Will be interesting to see if this grows again next year. We also had some tomato plants growing out of the bin. Apparently I'm not a bad gardener when I don't try to be a gardener. When I try things go south.

I love it when veggies grow mysteriously all on their own! Tomatoes are famous for that.

I once had a tomatillo grow beside a blueberry bush. At first I thought it was just a weed and was going to pull it, but thanks to me being lazy it got big enough to realize that it was a tomatillo. The thing is, I never had planted a tomatillo in many years, so it must have gotten there by a bird.