Who or What is that in your Avatar Picture?

Tools    

I'm just trying to figure out how to upload one. Haven't figured that part out yet.

I'm just trying to figure out how to upload one. Haven't figured that part out yet.
First, you need a photo or a gif for your avatar.

Then, you click on User CP above. Then, you click on edit avatar & try to figure it out from there. It must be easy if I did it.

I’m guessing you won’t be able to do this on your first day. IIRC, you have to wait a few days (is it 4?) before posting photos too.

First, you need a photo or a gif for your avatar.

Then, you click on User CP above. Then, you click on edit avatar & try to figure it out from there. It must be easy if I did it.

I’m guessing you won’t be able to do this on your first day. IIRC, you have to wait a few days (is it 4?) before posting photos too.
Yes, that must be it.
I think it's my second day.

Yes, that must be it.
I think it's my second day.
You can do an avatar on the 1st day here, the restriction is that a number of post have to be made before a new person can post a link. What happened when you tried to do an avatar? and are you using a mobile? that can make a difference.

You can do an avatar on the 1st day here, the restriction is that a number of post have to be made before a new person can post a link. What happened when you tried to do an avatar? and are you using a mobile? that can make a difference.
I go through the User CP, and when
I choose "edit profile", I don't have the option of changing/uploading an avatar. I'm on an Android.

I go through the User CP, and when
I choose "edit profile", I don't have the option of changing/uploading an avatar. I'm on an Android.
Try this:

Go to User CP and click Edit Options, then when the page loads at the top it will say Forum Style, click the drop down menu and choose Desktop and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.

Then you can try to upload your avatar pic like you did before.

Try this:

Go to User CP and click Edit Options, then when the page loads at the top it will say Forum Style, click the drop down menu and choose Desktop and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.

Then you can try to upload your avatar pic like you did before.
It worked. Much obliged.

Account terminated on request
Cool. And nice avatar too!
Yours just recently changed too. Whoozit?

Funny how I visualize the person differently when they post a different face.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Yours just recently changed too. Whoozit?

Funny how I visualize the person differently when they post a different face.
Yeah, I know my avatar startles me everytime I see it. It's the same actor as before Dan Duryea. Oh, that's the 'nice' version of that photo too. The actual photo is even more menacing looking.

Account terminated on request
Yeah, I know my avatar startles me everytime I see it. It's the same actor as before Dan Duryea. Oh, that's the 'nice' version of that photo too. The actual photo is even more menacing looking.

{shudder} Yeah, your original one was like "hey I'm a nice guy". This one above is like "I just did your sister."

{shudder} Yeah, your original one was like "hey I'm a nice guy". This one above is like "I just did your sister."
I know! that's why I changed it back. I had the sinister looking one for the Film Noir HoF. I might try another noir themed avater, it's hard to change though I like the one I have right now.

Not sure what it is, just added it.
All I know is it looks compelling to me.

It looks mysterious!
Well, maybe it's just me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I'd like to use this as my new avatar, can anybody resize it for me? I'm a dummy with stuff like this.

I'm not an expert at this, but hopefully this will work. (If it does, this is the site I used to resize it if you want to try it yourself.)

http://resizeimage.net/

Mine is an interesting local character, Edwin Booth. Booth was the most famous actor of his era, and a unionist, unlike his more infamous brother John Wilkes, who killed Lincoln. Their father, Junius Brutus Booth was quite well known as an actor in his era, although his career was derailed by alcoholism. The family came from Bel Air, one county east of Baltimore, in Harford. Edwin is buried in New York, but the rest of the family currently resides in Greenmount Cemetery in Baltimore, a few miles from where I live. Edwin is the guy in the middle, John Wilkes is on the left, without his well known mustache. The guy on the right is brother Richard Junius. In the avatar, Edwin is wearing a Shakepearean costume, I think from Hamlet

I've had three avatars if my memory is right.

First was cover art of the character Rakka from Haibane Renmei.

Second was the titular doctor portrayed by Toshiro Mifune in Red Beard.

Current one is Rin Shima, a main character from Yuru Camp.