RIP Gilbert Gottfried

Tools    

Had no idea he was sick. If the truth be told, I was never a fan of the guy, but I like to recognize any loss in Hollywood and my condolances go out to his family.

Not long ago I was watching Gilbert roast George Takei at the Friar's Club. I won't post it as it's not for the faint of heart or easily offended - but you can find it on YouTube (it's hilarious, but some of the raunchiest material I've ever heard).

The guy's stand up material was funny. I remember first seeing him do a bit about the "big black cheese" someone was serving at a party.
I also remember when he joined SNL (and I thought, "Oh no - they made that guy with the funny voice a regular?").

The last place I saw him on TV was an episode of Celebrity Wire-Swap several years back.

RIP

R.I.P. This hurts a lot because I just recently got into his work.

I recommend the 2017 documentary about him and his podcast, Gilbert's Amazing Colossal Podcast, in which he interviews entertainment industry veterans. The Treat Williams episode is a delight.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm surprised he was only 67. I'm turning 61 next month, and I would have guessed he was at *least* ten years older than I am, if not 15 or more. Such sadness.

Jesus Christ. Norm MacDonald, Gilbert Gotfried, Louie Anderson. This is getting grim for those of us who prefer to laugh over crying.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I posted this because seeing Rhonda Shear on Friday nights and Gilbert Gottfried on Saturday nights helped shape me into the "geek" I am today...

Oh no! I didn't even know he'd been sick. Holy hell, a lot of my favorite comics are passing away. This just adds to the overall misery of the last few years. RIP Mr. Gottfried. And condolences to his family.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Jesus Christ. Norm MacDonald, Gilbert Gotfried, Louie Anderson. This is getting grim for those of us who prefer to laugh over crying.
Don't forget Bob Saget!!!

RIP Gottfried.

Suspect's Reviews