Tools    

1 The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour
2 Midnight Oil - 10, 9, 8
3 Bruce Springsteen -Nebraska
4 Mission of Burma - Vs
5 Bauhaus - The Sky's Gone Out
6 Zapp - Zapp II
7 MDC - Millions Of Dead Cops
8 A Flock Of Seagulls - s/t (yes, yes, you can have your laughs but I am afraid I am going to have to stand firm here)
9 Sparks - Angst in my pants
10 Laurie Anderson - Big Science

HM:
Grace Jones - Living My Life
Fleetwood Mac - Mirage
Neil Young - Trans
Brian Eno - Discreet Music
Chrome- 3rd from the sun
War - Outlaw

8 A Flock Of Seagulls - s/t (yes, yes, you can have your laughs but I am afraid I am going to have to stand firm here)
No judgment here.*The intro to "I Ran" ****ing rules.

Off the top of my head.
Cool list, but no Number Of The Beast or Screaming For Vengeance?

Cool list, but no Number Of The Beast or Screaming For Vengeance?
Those are great, but these are closer to my heart.

Also, I'm terrible at remembering what albums I like came out in a given year, so most of my posts have been off the cuff and focused on stuff not already mentioned.

Those are great, but these are closer to my heart.

Also, I'm terrible at remembering what albums I like came out in a given year, so most of my posts have been off the cuff and focused on stuff not already mentioned.
Okay; the yearly top twenty lists on Metalstorm are a good, quick reference point for Metal records, if you want: https://metalstorm.net/bands/albums_...lbum_year=1982

Okay; the yearly top twenty lists on Metalstorm are a good, quick reference point for Metal records, if you want: https://metalstorm.net/bands/albums_...lbum_year=1982
*takes a look*

I'd assumed Restless and Wild was '83, that would make my list. Happy to show love for Under the Blade, Metal on Metal and Iron Fist, even if I've spent less time with them.

I don't have much for this year:

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
King Crimson - Beat
Rush - Signals
Sparks - Angst in My Pants

As for release dates, Rate Your Music is my go-to website.

Felt - Crumbling the Anti Septic Beauty
Orange Juice - You Can't Hide Your Love Forever
The Fall - Hex Endunctuon Hour
Richard and Linda Thompson - Shoot Out the Lights
Iron Maiden. - The Number of the Beast
Fun Boy Three - s/t
Birthday Party - Junkyard
Fear - The Record
Fleetwood Mac - Mirage
The Roche's - Keep on Doing
Dexys midnight Runners - Too Rye Aye
Kate Bush - The Dreaming
Psychedelic Furs - Forever Now
Captain Beefheart - Ice Cream for Crow
Donald Fagan - The Nightfly
Prince - 1999
Flipper Generic
Angry Samoans - Back from Samoa
Bad Brains - Bad Brains
Gun Club - Miami
Descendents - Milo Goes to College
Gang of Four - Songs of the Free
Mission of Burma - Vs
Cabaret Voltaire- 2 x 45

Without much thinking and in no particular order...

Venom - Black Metal
Magnum - Chase the Dragon
Plasmatics - Coup d'Etat
Manowar - Battle Hymns

Probably forgetting something good but anyway.

Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five - The Message
The Time - What Time Is It?
Duran Duran - Rio
The Name of This Band is The Talking Heads
Roxy Music - Avalon
Marvin Gaye - Midnight Love
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Miles Davis - We Want Miles
Dream Syndicate - Days of Wine and Roses
Lou Reed - The Blue Mask
Toto IV (shut up)
Joe Jackson - Night and Day
Peter Gabriel - (Security)
Lionel Richie
Chaka Khan
Flipper - Generic Album
Gap Band IV
Gregory Isaacs - Night Nurse
REM - Chronic Town
John Cale - Music for a New Society (for crumbs)

John Cale - Music for a New Society (for crumbs)

I didn't even see that on the list I was looking through.

Erg.

The true way to my heart would be to include the even more annoying third album by the Roches, because sometimes that is too over bearingly Theater-Nerd, even for me. But I'll accept this John Cale olive branch, regardless.

I should have probably included Midnight Love as well as Chronic Town, because I do like both of those. But they are also records that have become a little lost in my collection, so I rarely ever play them. So I kept them off because of my comparative unfamiliarity.

Obviously Thriller is a great album, but I'm making a point through its omission. The point being 'yawn'.

I just noticed I repeated your Fipper pick. If I was going to repeat one, it would have been Mission To Burma.

I've been trying to figure out picks among those folks who don't show up on common release lists, like Negativland, Nurse With Wound and some of those NY No Wave folks like John Zorn, Elliott Sharp and Rhys Chatham. I probably could have chosen Zorn's Archery, the first Negativland or NWW's Merzbild Schwet, but I feel like that may require me to push up my glasses. Maybe later on, I'll have to include things like Escape From Noise, Helter Stupid, Spiral Insana, Big Gundown and Naked City when we get to them.

I should have probably included Midnight Love as well as Chronic Town, because I do like both of those. But they are also records that have become a little lost in my collection, so I rarely ever play them. So I kept them off because of my comparative unfamiliarity.
Chronic Town is cheating a bit, because it's an EP. There's been other EPs from Minutemen, Dead Kennedys, Sonic Youth that I would have considered possibly. Slates and Lesson No. 1 were also EP cheats. *shrug*

Obviously Thriller is a great album, but I'm making a point through its omission. The point being 'yawn'.
I mean, I understand. But sometimes I feel like starting something. I'm a vegetable. I'm a vegtebwawawa.

One of these days I should give 80's Miles Davis a shot. But I've just heard so many terrible terrible things.
We Want Miles might be a good starter. It's live and avoids the synthy stuff that he really got into around Tutu. Generally, I don't mind the era, but it certainly can't compete with the stellar sustained '56-'76 chunk of genius he gave us.

I just noticed I repeated your Fipper pick. If I was going to repeat one, it would have been Mission To Burma.

I've been trying to figure out picks among those folks who don't show up on common release lists, like Negativland, Nurse With Wound and some of those NY No Wave folks like John Zorn, Elliott Sharp and Rhys Chatham. I probably could have chosen Zorn's Archery, the first Negativland or NWW's Merzbild Schwet, but I feel like that may require me to push up my glasses. Maybe later on, I'll have to include things like Escape From Noise, Helter Stupid, Spiral Insana, Big Gundown and Naked City when we get to them.

Chronic Town is cheating a bit, because it's an EP. There's been other EPs from Minutemen, Dead Kennedys, Sonic Youth that I would have considered possibly. Slates and Lesson No. 1 were also EP cheats. *shrug*

I mean, I understand. But sometimes I feel like starting something. I'm a vegetable. I'm a vegtebwawawa.

I think there are a lot of smaller records I have overlooked, because I'm just scanning Wikipedia lists for the applicable years.

I just bought Merzbild Schwet maybe a month ago. It was the first Nurse With Wound I've come across and haven't given it more than a couple of background listens. Still acclimatizing.

Slates is the one early Fall album I can't find. Which is a drag because I can't move on to buying there later, ****tier albums until I shore up the terrible beginnings.

I just bought Merzbild Schwet maybe a month ago. It was the first Nurse With Wound I've come across and haven't given it more than a couple of background listens. Still acclimatizing.
They were one of the first concrete ambient music that I started listening to. "Background listening" is understandable because it's more about creating an environemnt. A Sucked Orange may be my favorite from them, where all of their textures come together to create a thing of transcendent beauty (two words not commonly associated with them).

Slates is the one early Fall album I can't find. Which is a drag because I can't move on to buying there later, ****tier albums until I shore up the terrible beginnings.
I only have a digital copy Pretty much all of my Fall was on cassette - Palace of Swords Reversed, Hex Enduction Hour, This Nation's Saving Grace, etc that I just ended up burning to disc in the 00s. No Fall vinyl over here.

Angry Samoans - Back from Samoa
oh man of course, teen fave here
Bad Brains - Bad Brains
another old fave but sheeeeet it makes me feel old now
Gun Club - Miami
Heard a lot about this, never seem to see it around
Loved this for years and then one day it drove me insane

Repressed a couple of years ago, I bought 5 copies wholesale https://midheaven.com/item/slates-by-the-fall. (sold the lot sorry)

Fib your way into a wholesale account there, thats what I did (although places are perpetually out of stock now thanks to Rona stuffing up distributiion chains) that $16 goes down to $10.85 wholesale