MoFo Book Club - Jan. '22

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Done through 100.

Really good so far. I am fascinated by this era, and this is a pretty visceral account, so it hits extra hard. Looking forward to the rest of the book!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Done through 100.

Really good so far. I am fascinated by this era, and this is a pretty visceral account, so it hits extra hard. Looking forward to the rest of the book!
I'm in chapter five and hoping to make more headway today. Been a weird day since we got a foot of snow overnight. Always throws off the ol' schedule.

We all float down here....
I'm in chapter five and hoping to make more headway today. Been a weird day since we got a foot of snow overnight. Always throws off the ol' schedule.
I was beginning to wonder about everyone.

Hope you're enjoying it so far....

I am definitely enjoying it. I'm up near page 100 now (in the print paperback edition) and hope to cross that line this afternoon after I kinda-sorta look like I got some desk work done first.

Coming up on the halfway point, and am definitely enjoying the book. I also plan on watching The Searchers after I am done reading.

Work has been a stress pit these last two weeks, so I'm a little behind.

But right now my not-so-original hot take is that James Parker was a real piece of work!

Finished it up yesterday!

Really good - glad it was the winning book this round. Don't want to spoil for those that are still reading, but have some comments in store...

Still quite far behind on this one. Might have to miss the next selection of this.

Not bad so far. I think the emotional aspect and depicting the brutality is great. It's an interesting and honest history lesson for this part of the states.

I'm going to try and power through with this over the week and see if I can get some progress.

I'm not quite 3/4 of the way done. Had a big project I had to do, which halted any outside reading for a few days. Will be back at this book later today and into tomorrow!

Seds, you need a few more toddlers in your house to slow you down. I have NO kids in my house and no loose pets and I still struggle to find time to read as much as I'd like.

I'm not quite 3/4 of the way done. Had a big project I had to do, which halted any outside reading for a few days. Will be back at this book later today and into tomorrow!

Seds, you need a few more toddlers in your house to slow you down. I have NO kids in my house and no loose pets and I still struggle to find time to read as much as I'd like.
Each day when I wake up, I get Stelly's breakfast ready, make some coffee, and get a couple of chapters in while she eats and dorks around.

I'm about 2/3 done. I am enjoying it intellectually, but work has been emotionally intense and a lot of days I don't want to come home and read about a horrific/sadistic gang rape, which feels like it's about every 15 pages or so, LOL.

Each day when I wake up, I get Stelly's breakfast ready, make some coffee, and get a couple of chapters in while she eats and dorks around.
Aha! So what I need is someone in this house who dorks around! Rats, all those people grew up and moved out.