Three Lefts Make a Right, and Three Rights Make a Left

Tools    

I'm ashamed because I used to study paleontology (I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was little)!
Me too, I always thought it would've been cool to be a paleontologist or an egyptologist...Well I guess it's not too late, I could become a scientologist

But yeah, I think the whole hip-bone configuration led to the current theory that any dinosaurs that survived the "great cataclysm" evolved into modern birds.I still don't like these new theories that some dinos had feathers! It conflicts with my boyhood conceptions of giant scaly lizards!
I think specifically the duck billed dinosaurs-Hadrosaurids are thought to be the genus of dinosaurs that evolved into birds.

Me too, I always thought it would've been cool to be a paleontologist or an egyptologist...Well I guess it's not too late, I could become a scientologist

I think specifically the duck billed dinosaurs-Hadrosaurids are thought to be the genus of dinosaurs that evolved into birds.
Scientology - now there's a topic.
Haven't heard much about them since that "Going Clear" documentary and that series with Leah Remini which exposed the cult.

You ready? You look ready.

Me being an idiot
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Recession seems to be the latest cataclysm the Left wants to use against Trump even though it hasn't happened.
Racism was the word last week (which gets resurrected every few months or after any nut kills a bunch of people or after Trump tweets something stupid).
And Russian Collusion lasted 2 years.

It does seem the news cycles of the latest Leftist outrages are getting shorter and shorter.

I mean, I like Trump, I like to listen to him talk, and all, his kinda funny. And I think his different in a way, his trying to keep up with the promises he made to those rednecks, that's why his going to be in office for another four years. If I think harder I'd probably vote for him if I were an American. I'd probably have a blue-collar job, like steel, and his making efforts to keep those people working, his the first guy in a long time that cared about them. They see Sanders, for instance, as some jewish old guy that is not going to care about them, and they're probably right, I don't know, or is maybe the opposite, his going to put them working on other kinds of jobs, jobs which are more relevant in a long-term solution. Trump was every redneck dream, and they're stereotypical stupid and dumb, that's in a way why they've voted for him, because they care about what he shows, not what he his. When you destroy the middle class, when poverty is growing worldwide, when a tiny sector of the population have all the wealth, when the term persona is more usual than ever, you turn the TV and everything seems trained actors acting, you get Trump's, people decisions are just an reaction to the ongoing events. They're tired of well dressed, well haired, well smelled, very fuc*able persons, it seems fake, and what they do seems fake as well, so, give me Trump's.

A system of cells interlinked
Love him or hate him, it's Mr. Dan Crenshaw, talking about various subjects on Rogan's pod cast. Skip to around the 1 hour mark for the gun-related commentary. I was glad to see them bring up all the drugs that were given to kids starting in the late 80s and early 90s, which I think have had a big impact on the mentality of these shooters. This needs to be talked about more.

Love him or hate him, it's Mr. Dan Crenshaw, talking about various subjects on Rogan's pod cast. Skip to around the 1 hour mark for the gun-related commentary. I was glad to see them bring up all the drugs that were given to kids starting in the late 80s and early 90s, which I think have had a big impact on the mentality of these shooters. This needs to be talked about more.

I really like him from what I've seen. Future Pres?

I want to know how that eye patch stays on.
Is it attached to his ear on the other side (because there's no string like on most eye patches)?
Looking at his background, he's like a real-life Nick Fury.

What do we all think of the death penalty for convicted 1st degree murders? And does Trump have a stance on that? I'm sure the Dem candidates are all against.
My personal view of the death penalty is only in cases where the proof is irrefutable, guilt can be confirmed on multiple levels, and there is absolutely no doubt.

Now, that's a bit complicated because jury verdicts of guilty are supposed to be beyond a shadow of a doubt (but we've all seen how juries operate and they can be imperfect in their conclusions or even influenced by internal or outside forces - take for instance the turn around of events depicted in @Citizen Rules's favorite movie 12 Angry Men!)

But I'm talking cases where there were multiple witnesses to the murder(s), there's no question about the evidence or where you even have a confession (which alone would constitute nothing as many weirdos have confessed to crimes they didn't commit), or cases where the murders were public, there's no doubt to the killer's identity or they were caught red handed and no one else could have possibly done it.

So, the responses over the last week are kinda all over the place. It sounds like it might be an honest attempt to reset the discussion a little. If so, that's nice to hear. I'm traveling in a few days so I might not reply for awhile, but I'll do my best to do so shortly after I get back.

So, the responses over the last week are kinda all over the place. It sounds like it might be an honest attempt to reset the discussion a little. If so, that's nice to hear. I'm traveling in a few days so I might not reply for awhile, but I'll do my best to do so shortly after I get back.
Thanks Yoda

My personal view of the death penalty is only in cases where the proof is irrefutable, guilt can be confirmed on multiple levels, and there is absolutely no doubt.
I'd agree with that, and with the stipulations that you stated. When I was in my 20s I was opposed to the death penalty for ethic reasons. But now that I'm older I've flipped my position on it...go figure! However I'm not into trying to convince anyone to change their mind or anything like that. I was just curious if the death penalty question was still on peoples minds today.

...take for instance the turn around of events depicted in @Citizen Rules's favorite movie 12 Angry Men!)
Well, that's a good example as many people have seen 12 Angry Men...However don't ask me any specifics about the movie because I've forgotten much of it. But let's say he was found guilty, in that case I would not be for the death penalty as most of the evidence against him was hearsay & eye witness accounts. I don't know what the opinion of eye witness testimony was when 12 Angry Men came out, but I believe it's generally been shown not to be 100% reliable, as the human mind has a way of remember things differently than they actually happened.

You ready? You look ready.

Easily the oddest picture to come out of that event

EDIT: Also, I am 100% anti-death penalty. I do not believe governments should be in the business of killing people.

Easily the oddest picture to come out of that event

EDIT: Also, I am 100% anti-death penalty. I do not believe governments should be in the business of killing people.
Did the Straight Pride Parade actually take place?
I remember hearing about it, but thought it was just an idea designed to counter the concept of celebrations based on sexual orientations.

Did the Straight Pride Parade actually take place?
I remember hearing about it, but thought it was just an idea designed to counter the concept of celebrations based on sexual orientations.
About 36 moron protesters got arrested, too bad they didn't get pepper sprayed on video. That being said, I think it was antagonistic to organize the thing in the first place. I don't like any of the identity politics. They should still have the same right as the gay parade, which I've been to a couple of times. If people aren't hurting anyone and aren't condemning anyone then wtf is the need to protest.

About 36 moron protesters got arrested, too bad they didn't get pepper sprayed on video. That being said, I think it was antagonistic to organize the thing in the first place. I don't like any of the identity politics. They should still have the same right as the gay parade, which I've been to a couple of times. If people aren't hurting anyone and aren't condemning anyone then wtf is the need to protest.
I did see a clip of it on YouTube and irony of irony... Milo Yiannopoulos was the Grand Marshall! (For those who don't know, Yiannopoulos is a far-right British political commentator who is also flamboyantly gay.)

Okay, I don't know if he was actually the Grand Marshall, but he was in the parade and riding a float part of the time.

I draw parallels between this and the so-called Women's march (organized by a Sharia Law supporter - one of the most misogynistic systems in the world!) The Women's march wasn't really a women's march (really, what do women in the west have to protest? Equality is on the books). It was an anti-Trump march and that's all it was.

In the same way this "Straight Pride Parade" was really a far-right pro-Trump march.

What do we all think of the death penalty for convicted 1st degree murders? And does Trump have a stance on that? I'm sure the Dem candidates are all against.

The problem with the death penalty is it just doesn't happen fast enough, and it unfortunately costs taxpayers more money to kill someone on death row than to house them in jail for a lifetime. Don't know why though. If the death penalty for 1st degree murders were mandated nationwide, and the execution process were speedy, maybe there would be less killings. Regardless, I'm in favor of the death penalty in accordance with the terms laid out by Captain Steel. Thing is, with the increasing population, that means an increasing criminal population. So more jail space will be needed, which we don't and shouldn't have. And where's the justice? An inmate, particularly one from a street gang, can enjoy a cozy life in prison. He/she has room and board, food, recreational activities, and fellow gang members to socialize with. They get to shoot the breeze every day, all while their victims remain dead and unavenged. What ever happened to eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth?

Also, I am 100% anti-death penalty. I do not believe governments should be in the business of killing people.
Governments don't need the death penalty to be in that business.

my approach on much things is nihilistic. death’s the same. for me ´´ultimately nothing is important``, the great harry dean stanton said that. if death is not important ultimately to me, the killer, the deceased and whoever kills the killer are as equal unimportant. the only thing making death important is our fear of what comes after it. those fears are exponentiated by the conventions we created and we shared true out history. you take that away and whoever born and died are ultimately and scientifically energy that can't be created or destroyed. this is my philosophical approach and i have a hard time making a distinction between this and anything else, because this approach refutes anything else i can have to say. if i try to put that aside, historically death penalty is very old testament. the old testament says: ´´an eye for an eye´`, or ´´who kills by the swords, dies by the sword`` and people use it when it fits, when it doesn’t they just say: look at the commandments; there you’ll see: ´´you shall not kill``. this doesn’t have any type of relevance, because it was created by the man for the man, but people, this is the base of it, the pillar of death penalty. you can argue and say: no justice is the pillar, not the bible. well, what’s our deep down base for justice? what’s our definition of justice? it’s not doing to someone else what we wouldn’t like to be done to us. now, if we’re talking in the case of murder. why wouldn’t we like that to be done to us? and again i’d point to my thought on it philosophically and that’s why i can’t make a distinction between both, because ultimately is where you arrive. if you agree the pillar for death penalty is religion, if you look at the history of the catholic religion, you’ll see that it was created by the rich and powerful during a time of protests, famine, hunger, diseases, brutalization and that was there attempt to control the people so they don’t turn everything into an anarchy where death had the non-importance they wouldn’t want it to have, they would kill them, and they didn’t want to die. talking about it socially, institutionally. it have higher costs to the tax payers because the inmates have better conditions, if a person gets hurt, there health is compromised it can’t be killed by the state, so they have to monitorize the inmate, sometimes it takes half there life for them to be killed. you can argue: what about killing them sooner? and those who are released after forty years waiting to be killed? this is a subject with a lot of different interpretations, and opinions can change if you take in considerations the various angles of looking at the subject. i could talk much more about this, seeing this from another angle, but you don’t deserve the pain of reading the crap i write.