John Singleton Dies at 51

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
John Singleton dies at 51

The family of director John Singleton told FOX4 film critic Shawn Edwards early Monday that Singleton has died.

Singleton had been in a coma after suffering a major stroke more than a week ago.

Edit - Conflicting reports, some say he is on life support.

Suspect's Reviews

I like Four Brothers! Nice flick

RIP

Retraction: John Singleton has not passed. At least not yet. He is still on life support, but his family are planning to take him off today.

https://news.yahoo.com/director-john...hfMQRzZWMDc2M-
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Rest In Peaze...

While it isn’t the best in the franchise, he still did direct 2 Fast 2 Furious and I love those films. I’ve seen quite a few from him. But whatever he directed it doesn’t really matter. What matters here is that he passed way to early. 51 is no age.

51 years old is way too young. It's common reporting that black men have a way higher risk of heart attack/stroke than a lot of other races, but that doesn't mean that non black ppl are exempt from managing stress. Take care of yourself. I remember hearing him in interviews, and being a soft spoken, almost nerdy guy. Not what I was expecting from the guy who made Boyz in the Hood.

Boys 'N The Hood was undoubtedly his best film. That movie captivated me as a teenager.

Let's not forget that he also directed the incredible music video for Michael Jackson's Remember The Time that featured Eddie Murphy, Iman, and Magic Johnson, and that easily ranks as one of Jackson's most entertaining music videos with a killer dance choreography near the end.

RIP John.

As well as film, he was heavily involved in one of the best TV shows I've seen in a few years. The brilliant Snowfall.